Is OW 2 more of a PvE game or PvP game?

New heroes in PvE sounds like fun and a great way to try them out. I’m hoping we get another character from Vishkar, but there’s a huge list of characters that sound fun to play as in PvE.

I’m glad that there’s an equal focus on both, as sometimes PvP is not what I want to play.

1 Like

Any news on Archives and if we get those modes too or is it strictly an OW1 event mode?
They are my favourite modes in Overwatch! :slight_smile:

Omg !!! Big daddy Jeff!!! Thanks for responding!!! I can’t believe I got a response from the man himself !!!

4 Likes

kind of offtopic, but its great to see the devs post a bit on forums from time to time. you have really been visiting frequently lately Jeff :slight_smile:
i love the game and looking forward to seeing what the team has got planned for the “sequel”. :smile:

1 Like

What does this mean? Is it just the leveling system that makes them replayable? Will there be new enemys or will the map change? Can you elaborate even a little ?

4 Likes

By co-op, does that mean we have to play with strangers if we don’t have the right amount of friends? Because that makes it far less appealing. Trying to do any story based game while forced to play with strangers is never, ever fun. You always have that one person who is either running ahead skipping dialogue, dying repeatedly, or just outright leaves cancelling the mission or making it harder on everyone.

1 Like

How exactly will the co-op work? Will it be similar to archives where I have to queue up in between missions to do the story missions or will it be unable to be played unless you have a full part of 4?

1 Like

oh wait, its you potato…nevermind i aint touching that

In a magazine interview about OW2 they said that their will be progression systems tied to these replayable missions. The talent/skill customization system we saw at Blizzcon (leveling up heroes to customize and upgrade their abilities and ults) is just one of several systems they have planned, according to them.

Basically the incentive for these, from my understanding, is to level up your hero and increase their power and customize their playstyle to be a completely unique hero from everyone else’s version. And then I’m assuming you can increase the difficulty, etc.

I also read the endgame content is being worked on by Diablo 3 and WoW head devs so that means it should be pretty good! :wink: Those guys know how to do PvE!

1 Like

Is there a kickstarter or gofundme page to buy into early beta access? (hehe)

How and when can NDA-signing enthusiasts become part of the OW2 playtesting and contribute with early feedback.

Will we by any chance have updates in OW2’s future that add more to the story or even updates to add side stories and fun Halloween ones?
like the expansions to WoW?

Honestly if it was done right I would say yes. I said ages ago OW needed spin off games to help push the lore/story along. It would help flesh out the game setting and make Blizzard money at the same time.

30 bucks or so for a new PVE campaign every year or two would of been pretty great. It would have to be a separate game though because the built in engine just seems really poorly designed to run AI bots and the like.

2 Likes

Holy cow!!! I can’t believe it!!

will there be any sort of solo gameplay? im thinking something like the mage tower for different characters in the game could be pretty cool, even if the main game is made more for multiplayer. i really enjoyed the challenge in those when i was playing wow, and it felt kind of nice somehow to know that every time i fail at completing it i can only blame myself :grin:

Jeff, I just love you so freaking much dude!

Keep up the communication! ;D

2 Likes

I’m certainly hoping the hero missions will be fun enough and have enough variety that I will want to play them again and again.

But, maybe it will end up being a gateway for him into the pvp, like the announcement was for me.

2 Likes

Seriously!!!

Will 3 heroes still be added per year when OW2 hits or will the inclusion of each hero requiring PVE talents slow down the pace of new heroes?

So, your repeatable missions are like Bounties in D3 or World Quests in WoW? Neither of which are inspired or very repeatable, enjoyment wise, past the first week or so.

Okay then. Thanks for the heads up.

And a co-op PvE can, and is, often called a campaign. But they are usually meaty and of some length, ala Borderlands. So, is OW2 a campaign, or just a small linear story?

What do you envision as the average play length, in hours, to get through your OW2 linear story?

Content creators are about to drop new vids with clickbait titles + thumbnails using this line in 3… 2… 1… :joy:

But for real though. Are you guys going to keep certain heroes PvE or PvP EXCLUSIVE?

2 Likes