Is Overwatch for spectators or players?

I am not a competitive player but … in this decision I find a certain admission that at present the developers want spectators and not players. I had been thinking about this for some time when they put events with prizes seeing the streaming Twitch on Overwatch or the token league, but here I notice a clear sign of how the game is influenced by the OWL.

Can I say that I find it disgusting that a show has to decide the fate of the game when it really should be the opposite?

1 Like

They said hero bans would be an overall experiment for a season and changes got made to affect less than like 10-5% of the population of competitive players. Who in NA for a day made up only 30% of all of OW’s game mode as well. It might eventually just get removed from comp entirely and save exclusively for OWL.

Should be noted that this change is only coming to the 1% at the top. Very few players will ever get to experience the effect this change has on matchmaking.

The ban system won’t always flag up what’s the most effective characters as people will ultimately play what they find fun, even at high ranks. If the point of hero pools is to shake up the meta, banning popular characters achieves very little.

I think it’s fine. It allows the pros to practice in competitive without having to change their strategy or mindset because different heroes are banned.

The Best Support Otter

~𝕯𝖚𝖘𝖙

yes. all the changes they have been doing these past years has been for proplayers only. they clearly dont care about the majority of the player base. Now look how this game is. Barbie games has more viewers than Overwatch.

Yeah, I’m starting to get fed up with it as they absolutely dumpster hero after hero just because they don’t want them in OWL. It seems likely the viable roster will end up a bunch of photogenic heroes that look good on TV and the rest of the roster will be so bad they’re useless even in QP.

1 Like