Is overwatch early access?

Brig as an example, they just seemed to add her in with no idea how it would impact the game. Her original state was super OP. they had no clue it would delete an entire class and lead to goats.
Or hanzo’s rework where they made him amazing at all distances and you had gravdragon meta.
Etc etc.
It’s like wtf, do they even play the game they are working on.

CSGO would all like to have a word with you. They all been in the same state for years and people love it still.

CSGO has 350k people playing right now.

brig is not the sole reason for goats…meatball comps were already popping up before her when moira was added…

i mean i could say the same thing about dive meta…we had that bad boy for over a year…

its hard to predict how any 1 addition will impact game…

but she did accomplish what she was put in game for…which was an answer to dive

1 Like

What about someone who bought the game at realease and is a dps player. Now they can’t play dps. What happened to the game they paid for. Whileever they are doing radical tinkering with the balance there should be a warning.

do you play GOATS only comp? cause you only really see it at top tier level of play…

the vast majority of people can play most characters just fine

It is still in beta since hasn’t moved forward since then… except the addition of more bugs and reduced game performance.

2 Likes

It’s technically a good game and well polished. Unfortunately it’s also run by a company that puts money first above all else without a care in the world for the casual players. That’s why we get these extremely strange balance changes and heroes that running rampart all over the place. It’s a game run by the pros and the E-Sports scene, everything else is secondary on priority.

Man … I get that people are angry because of the lay offs … but at least try to stay close to reality …

1 Like

It’s a constantly evolving gaming platform - there’s no final ‘destination’ set, just an increasing hero and skill pool that will continue to grow and evolve until the inevitable Overwatch 2.

The changes and additions are PART of the experience, regardless of whether they are negative or positive.

Well LoL, Dota 2, WoW, Fortnite, PubG, Destiny, and about a billion other games would like to have a word with you.

The definition of a troll post.

It doesn’t?

Sure, when it released it was very light on content, but that has changed

Clans should have been in day 1.

Characters are relatively balanced in my opinion.

yea theyre not really doing much with their game.

Good argument. They can call the game ‘finished’ all they like, but I’m not convinced. Why are people forced to have the new characters in a ‘finished’ game. Why is their no original vanilla version of the game.

For our payment, we’re promised continual content releases.

That being said, the practice range was added in its current form as “WIP” in the patch notes. When will it be finished?

Its just your imagination, and expectation of something that might be not supposed to be part of this game.

Thats normal

Thats what tells me that they dont use enaught testers to cheak everything themself, and this is why we have ptr, we are just free bug testers there nothing more.

Welcome to blizzards secret strategy, no road map at all.

Me dying as mei while in cryo-freeze agrees with you.

1 Like

The game is still in beta sadly. We’re hoping they’ll someday be able to afford to hire additional developers to work on the game and make it ready for full release. But being a small indie company we know they don’t have the resources right now. It’s a shame really, this game has so much potential.

Real talk I would say I’m joking but with the game in its current state it isn’t far from the truth. And honestly in my opinion people who don’t think that is at least partially true are delusional. Not the “small indie company” joke but the game feeling like a beta, with a lack of meaningful updates (feels like there’s 30-40 devs total) , and the wasted potential.

1 Like

You’re like two years too late

Warframe is in beta since 2013, nowadays its just a staple to put on games to excuse the bugs and such.

If beta is a legit metric that means we wont leave it till 2022.