Is one tricking really okay?

Torb and sombra one trick here we both dont want to win haha

1 Like

That doesn’t matter. What matters is did you get those kills before your team was dead, and on whom?
Long story short - kills and damage don’t matter and don’t win games - how you and your team contest point and control it, + ultimate economy and timing does.
The enemy team can have double the kills and damage than your had and still lose the game - it’s how it was designed.

Even if you don’t pick up or main other heroes it’s always good to play everything a certain amount, just to get a feeling for other heroes which in turn, helps you to outplay them and counter them more sufficiently.

Those are pretty nice picks

• I would maybe personally advise you try Orisa - cuz none of these tanks are good for maps like Illios well, like even when Rein and Zayra were meta they weren’t played on Illios well and Junkertown. Nepal sanctum is another, Paris first point also has a lot of value in Orisa. I would even argue Gibraltar because you are either going to have to contest highground a lot or just push payload - while fontlining as Rein/Zarya/Sigma is not going to go well on gibraltar, unless you have an Orisa while playing Sigma

Good - you pretty much got short range tank buster / midrange flanker peleer /and long range covered with this.
Maybe I would add Ashe/Widow (Widow for payload maps unless it’s Illios ruins and Ashe for control maps cuz of Bob for contesting enemy snipers) or Genji who can get to them fast and surive unlike Repaer/Pharah

Good
advice: only play Mercy when you have something to pocket (so either your team picks Pharah/Bastion/Junkrat/Ashe/Hanzo(maybe)/Soldier, if not just don’t pick Mercy)

Another tip that is going to help you immensely in climbing - learn heroes who can stall point in overtime - just for stalling point if nothing else
Those are: Tanks: Hammond/D.va/Winston
DPS: Tracer/Mei/Doomfist
Supports: Lucio/Moira

I play like this and I dont want to win lol gold sombra play 60 to 70percnt winrate

you’re simply doing the best with the tools given to you.
i get that.
but i don’t like randoms in a team game.

i much more prefer playing with people i know in a team environment.
this way i can play around other people more and there’s less friction and resentment.
to me the comraderie, the familiarity, the team spirit aspect is lost when played with randoms.

i mean i don’t care either way because the game is never gonna accomodate 6 stacking in ranked anyways and even less lock that to 6 stack only.

so i’m very much so not even caring about the competitive experience due to this because it’s not for me.

if they would have done that though i’m just saying it’s something i would have prefered.

not an attack on one-tricks or players in general but i don’t see it being as competitve it could be.

that’s not on players table, that’s on the game itself for not facilitating this.

Why are we even asking this question. Just read Jeff’s post. The TLDR of it was: technically allowed, but not recommended. That’s pretty much it.

The Devs literally can’t come out and say “don’t OneTrick” or “stop OneTricking” because that doesn’t makes business sense. A OneTrick will generate revenue the same as everyone else.

So they have to make these carefully worded “we strongly suggest you don’t play that way but at the same time we won’t do anything to stop you” type of posts.

It’s the old adage of just because you can do something doesn’t mean you should.

1 Like

But you cant say people who solo queue dont want to win or dont want to as bad because that’s just not right and yea thats fair enough if you prefer 6stacking.

1 Like

No, it’s not, period. Not in a team-based game designed around flexibilty and countering.

It’s not okay to be putting your team at a disadvantage – hoping that your team will be flexible enough to work with / around you while not wanting to give your teammates the same courtesy is stubborn, selfish, and hypocritical, and I really wish Blizz would take a more heavy-handed approach to that kind of behavior.

It goes against how the game was designed and it’s a disservice to your teammates.

1 Like

Any real players who aren’t status seeking by just wanting to push their SR to an extreme but actually really play the game will by and large learn several characters.

I like almost all of them tbh, some obviously more than others, but I made a point to spend enough time on each to get their timings down to play against them and learn their basic tactics. Makes a big difference let me tell you, its obvious when that one-trick has no sense of c/ds on the kit you’re employing, you can often overcome their snazzy skills by simple tactics.

It is generally a bad idea since every hero has their strengths and weaknesses.

If you are playing to win, then you must be willing to switch.

in my opinion they don’t if they aren’t 6 stacking.
but i do agree with people trying their best with what they are given and not everyone has a 6 stack they can play with on a regular basis and i blame that on the game itself.
the game could be more competitive, the players i have no doubt about it, they wan’t to be as competitive as they can be.

but the game isn’t making that easier for you.

how would you be able to get into a 6 stack right now?
there’s lots of hurdles, more so than necessary for that to be viable and that’s why i think the devs haven’t pushed that game into that direction because they are unable to facilitate that to the degree that’s required for it to be a viable option for players.

People would say I’m a one trick because I have 1200 hours kn hanzo alone while every other character has like 200 hours each. I love to play my hero however I do switch if I really cant win, maining a hero is probably better than one tricking.

i’m just gonna make something clear for you and this other obvious one-trick.
i don’t think one-tricks are bad, i actually think they have an advantage over most players, atleast when they get to play their character which is more often than before.

there’s no doubt in my mind that you can make one-tricking work and succeed more so than being broad in your character pick.

but i do think that the game would be more competitive and be more fun if the game at a competitive level was more centered around 6-stacking.

i don’t get where you and this other person thought i was anti-onetrick?
or meta slaving?
i think teamwork is paramount in a team game, that’s it.
and with randoms ofcourse teamwork is gonna be harder to achieve and be filled with much more frustration because it’s that much harder to accomplish with random strangers.

I’m not arguing who right or wrong I actually got bored of this conversation

thanks for telling me.

1 Like

You welcome my friend

Do we talk about full one tricking, or one hero per role? because second one if its problem is justr because of role lock imo.
But i have no problem myself with one tricks, they play what they are best at after all :man_shrugging:

One could also claim you’re being selfish by demanding people stop playing heroes you deem bad.

Good thing you’re not making the rules. Jeff posted just a day or 2 ago stating it’s not against the rules.

2 Likes

I stated my opinion. Didn’t ask you to agree or disagree with me.

Fun fact, i bet you never had any problem with one tricks who’ll cause you frustration.

But since one tricking regardless is ok:
Will pick widow from now on. No matter what happens. Not switching off. Unless I’m afk, you can’t ban me

No I haven’t. In fact I enjoy watching one of them who is in GM. They are good at the hero they play and no one else has a problem with them.

Personally, no it is not ok. Even devs have said that they don’t condone it, but it isn’t against CoC and is not bannable as long as you play your best and don’t throw.

OTP streamers are the reason this game has become the dumpster fire it is nowadays.

But now, here’s a word from our sponsor for today: RAID: Shadow Legend…