Is Mercy Enjoyable?

Enjoyable surely not. It feels clunky, very slow

3 Likes

I fund her very boring honestly, she has some fun element with instant rez or at least you felt like you were doing something but now it’s just boring for me. It sucks because I used to like playing her a bit but now it’s just I’d rather solo heal as Brig/Lucio than play mercy.

Overwatch Fun fact #8:

Mercy chooses the sponge, rather than the spray, when it comes to Roadhog. Roadhog doesnt get a choice in the matter…

No, for the same motivations of the first guy’s comment.
Ah and valkyrie itself, obviously.

Since her healing nerf she’s 100% unfun to play. No reason to play her now other than her rez being on a 30 second cooldown. And maybe damage boost. But I rarely see any Mercy players use that so . . .
She plays like an off support trapped in the design of a main healer.

4 Likes

i have started a thread about a mercy 3.0 if anyone is interested. please tho it is supposed to be constructive and not about mercy 1.0 or 2.0, i have some ideas that could help make mercy fun again wile keeping mercy, mercy but addressing balance issues that both other versions had.

i’d love some more ideas

So i'm re making this mercy thread, in hopes of starting a new
theres’s a link

1 Like

The healing nerf is not that bad for me (I was against that buff back then anyway), but she has no Ultimate ability to compensated that anymore so no.
The only thing which is still really fun to use is GA/AD.

Valkyrie: I don’t even have it bound to any key. I think that says a lot already.

Her healing feels… Just bad now. It’s like that windows “Only 1s left” and then after 5s it says “Only 30s left”. It was no problem for me back then because dpss weren’t that strong but now… It’s just to slow, same with her res.

The fundamental enjoyment i had with Mercy is still in her, but you can’t at all achieve that anymore, without an enemy which has no idea how to play.

She just feels like a boring brick now… That makes me so sad actually…

3 Likes

Im really upset that a hero i loved so much on launch turned into such a deadbeat hero : /

1 Like

She’s still fun and good. Bunny hop honestly made Mercy 10 times more fun than she was before. I enjoy Valkyrie, and I’ll still use her.

I just wish she had a different ability on a shorter cooldown.

Nah not really fun anymore. A LOT of it has to do with her abilities and ult.

I got to play a bit of Mass Resurrect Mercy, she was fun and her ult def contributed to that.

Super-Mercy with the instant res x2 (can’t believe that was real!) was fun in a way, swooping around being OP, but not as fun as the previous.

Current Mercy is meh. It would be nice if you had more opportunities to use her blaster or some kind of new offensive ability to throw in while healing. Or give her back mass res shrug

4 Likes

On this current patch no I do not find her very enjoyable. Almost everything she does, she does it slower now lol.

I do yes, I actually like her more like this because everything you do is kind of stacked against you so when you actually fulfill your tasks it’s a clear indicative that you are in fact doing well, I also like using my pistol more often because I understand that simply healing like crazy isn’t the answer all the time, sometimes the enemy just needs to die faster and I can help with that be it with dmg boost on heroes who need no aim or by shooting myself

To me, this nerf was just nail in the coffin.:coffin: :hammer: My limit has been exceeded.

• She heals like a turtle, is even more sluggish. :turtle:
  • Valkyrie charges even slower. :sleeping:
  • Moira and Ana can now reach almost or even the same level of Mercy’s healing at the end of the match. :+1:
  • Her healing is completely negated.:x:
  • Valkyrie feels even more ineffective.:weary:
  • There is less room to safely damageboost someone without a scare of them dying. :flushed:
  • Keeping tanks alive is almost unobtainable. :soon::skull_and_crossbones:

I had a blast playing her but now… the spark is gone. Mercy is dead to me. :sob:

3 Likes

I am a Mercy main, not a one trick, but with most hours on her by a large margin.
But with this recent nerf… No i do not find her fun anymore.
I sticked with her through every patch so far, but this season… it’s just impossible to play her properly for me.
There is just too much damage coming in for 50hps to be enough.
If you have another off healer you will run into a lot of problems cause of too little healing, along with Main supports it is a little better.
But especially now with Wrecking ball being played and dive coming back, she has a really hard time and I enjoy her way less.
I don’t hate Valk as much as some others, but i do agree that it is a lackluster ult, and especially now, it just seems very useless.

2 Likes

No

1 Like

I am going be the odd man out and say yes, I still find her enjoyable and I will always find her enjoyable.… Now is Mercy impactful, not as much as she used to be, but I do wish they Blizzard handle Mercy quite differently and adjust her abilities as such Valkyrie or Resurrection oppose of touching her healing.

1 Like

I find fun in her being a battle mercy with some friends in quick play and arcade, after that I always choose other healers for comp because I am better at them then I am with mercy.

Battle Mercy - YES!

Support Mercy - I love Mercy but she’s extremely awful and unfun to play as.

No. It’s getting worse with each single patch honestly. I have noticed at least a 50% or more cut in my playtime each time a patch comes out with another nerf/change. So that’s 50% EACH time. Yea I might as well be less then casual now and I played on 2 platforms before.

1 Like

No, not really. I never played Mercy much, but she was much more enjoyable when rez was her ult.

5 Likes