Is Mass Rezz coming back or not?

I don’t want mass rez. I don’t play mercy so to me, its annoying. Yes, “just kill the mercy so she cant rez everyone”. But maybe everyone needs to be on point fighting, not looking for a mercy hiding. Its not always that easy.

Don’t let the nay-sayers discourage you, fellow Mercy players.
Keep fighting for what you believe in, and keep bringing to their attention how Mercy is in need of a Revert. They will have to consider it eventually.

No, they said it after all the nerfs and everything went through.

Not much has changed with her since then.

That’s a lie, Jeff himself said they don’t know how the nerfs have affected her yet when he said they aren’t looking to revert.

Also during this time her pickrate dropped dramatically because everyone thought she’d be useless, but look at her now.

Her current pickrate rivals that of when she was super OP.

I hope not. Seriously. I hope that it never ever returns.

1 Like

You’re twisting his words.

He outright stated that “He wants to put the notion that they’ll to a revert to rest.” As in even if they do decide to change her when her stats settle, they will never do a revert.

And a couple months later, he commented again, this time in the megathread, saying that they thought Mercy was fine. So they’ve been keeping an eye on her, and again, 0 plans for a revert.

And if you look at it again, her pickrate is already falling back to where it’s been for the past couple months already (~11%). The first day of S11 she had a 14% pickrate, sure, but it has already dropped down to 12 in the days since.

Meanwhile, Rein is still doing better than her pickrate wise, but of course he’s fine so pickrate conveniently doesn’t matter there.

My point isn’t about that.

Which is weird because they changed her on the PTR.

Her pickrate all around right now is 13%, the highest it’s been in the past 6 months.

Because not long ago people we begging for Reinhardt buffs, and after 0 changes and being in a meh spot for quite a bit, he’s at the top. He’s a product of the meta.

Mercy on the otherhand has been meta since her rework.

Are you talking about what is very obviously meant to be an indirect Hanzo nerf and not one meant to impact Mercy (which it hardly does)?

And as I literally said, it’s already dropping if you look at it day by day.
Also, we have plenty of data to go over a month. No clue why you’d prefer to limit yourself to an unreliable week.

Yes, because quite frankly, that’s the most blunt and least intelligent way to balance.

Imagine when Hanzo is no longer meta, but Mercy can no longer boost him because… oh, that one time when something you could always do just suddenly was an issue.

Because it’s the most recent.

I might as well go look at the last six months and show the large incline, because it’s more reliable. If anything, this would look like a small fluctuation.

1 Like

It depends. When mass rez was still in the game, I usually felt confident enough that I could survive. So I stayed and tried to bring as much value as I could to the fight with my heals.
Sometimes it didn’t work, I died quickly, but this means the oponent team is playing very good (at least better than me) and would most of the time be able to handle a big rez, so hiding wouldn’t change that much.

Also, I used to main support/healers in almost every game I played before OW, so abandoning my team isn’t a concept I like.

But that’s only my opinion :slightly_smiling_face:

Your just inferring that. You don’t truly know if that’s the case.

no, some guy got the idea that the new heroes ulti some how counters mass rez so it must be the precursor for the anti christ that was mass rez mercy

He never, ever did that.
His post was moved.
But yeah, he answered that thread

As you can see, Mercy’s viability/pickrates/winrates were never mentionned in this thread, yet the only answer he was able to give was “picrates/winrates = she’s fine”, which has nothing to do with the point of the thread.

Given that I considered myself a good Mercy player at the rank I played, if I was getting picked early, it was either because

• I did a mistake
  • The enemy team was hunting me and cornered me
  • My team was potato

Which can be summarised by “the enemy team is playing better than ours”, at least for this fight.
If that was the case, I didn’t want to risk my rez being instantly wiped, therefore trying my best at staying alive & keeping my team alive in order to have best chances to win the fight, was the option I choose.

Never

15characters :slight_smile:

But again, that’s still mostly a Hanzo issue. The argument here is if they think Mercy is fine and if they’re changing her, which they really honestly aren’t, at least not in a way that actually impacts her.

One month is just as recent as one week. It doesn’t start keeping track 12 days ago, it starts from today.

Six months is arguably be the least reliable because it spans across multiple patches.

One month is best because it gives us the most data possible (so one day doesn’t skew things dramatically, which is what’s happening to your 13% average) while also keeping things fairly limited to the current patch, maybe a little bit before. But not enough to completely hide what’s currently happening.

How does you making a mistake equate to the enemy team being better?

I really wouldn’t mind mass rezz mercy cing back. Altought i think her rezz should be reworked. I would suggest that mercy would only be ablle to rezz up to 3 people and that rezz would require LOS. Thats my toughts i hope i can hear your guys opinions :slight_smile:

Considering the dev’s feel mass rez was flawed gameplay that incentivized behavior contradictory to the fundamental design and intent of Mercy I’m going to say… No. It’s very unlikely to be coming back.

You’re probably right for this one, my bad !

No™

1 Like