Is JPN server down or do you guys cancel the JPN server?

Hey there, so recently I have noticed that the JPN servers are either down or did you guys decide to shut down the JPN servers?

When I press Ctrl+Shift+N for the internet statics it show that every time I’m connecting to
Tpe1 and In1 which is Taiwan and Korea servers, and the pne1 which is Japan servers are gone.

Is this the server side issues or did you guys decide to delete the servers without releasing any information about it?

1 Like

If they took them down permanently there would have been some information on it. My guess is they were having issues and they are being fixed.

Yeah that’s what I thought so, cuz the same thing happened before in AUS, OCE servers went down and everyone in AUS are playing in LA server

off topic

how do you even find competitive games in a single country server? are there enough players there?

Japan is a very population-dense country; I wouldn’t be surprised

1 Like

Well in Asia, Taiwan, Korean, and Japan have their own servers, due to three different languages, Chinese, Japanese and Korean, so its necessary to have a Own servers in a country, for better comm etc

1 Like

kinda sad that they don’t have a language to communicate with each other

almost everyone in europe speaks english for easier communication

1 Like

There was an Earthquake in Japan. Don’t know if that would effect the server though (dunno where it’s located).

2 Likes

Bump,
I hope someone I’m BZ can come out and having a answer

i play in americas reigon it connects me to SEA iv seen some japanese players.

Kind of related question.

on NA servers my ping is usually around 35. But, sometimes when I use LFG and find a group, I noticed my ping goes up to around 200. Does any one know why?

Everything else on the PC stays the same so there is no other interfering factors like downloads etc, going on.

It means the majority of the players you picked up are from another further away server, the LFG feature doesn’t only show you players using that feature around your specific server you play on, i am unsure if there are search restrictions to eliminate this problem for you, but if there aren’t im sure they will eventually come.

That’s what I thought, that maybe 4/6 of the team is maybe on the east coast of US and the 200ping was a NY server or something east side, as I’m in Cali.

Other than that I have no clue.

Really gives you perspective on just how LARGE the US area is right?
But yeah it tallies everyone under the area of NA so, it’s kinda expected i guess >.<
But as I said, hopefully they release a ping limit restriction rule to your LFG group searches to exclude those high ping matches, and exclude your posted lobbies from would be high ping searchers.

so my friends and i actually run an experiment of if JPN servers are down or not, both of our team will 6 stacks and i’m the only one in Taiwan, which the server are located , we pick a time that not many people are online, its like 4 am, so we match up with each other and we can guarantee that its not JPN server base on ping, all of my JPN friends get ping like between 40~60, and i’m having the normal 5 ping, so i’m pretty sure that the JPN servers are down.

i’m start to think that if its the server sided issues cause the same thing happened on the OCE servers before, and they are both AWS servers, i wish someone in BZ can come out and answer this question, its pretty hard to play comp since most of the people in Asia doesn’t speak Eng

I imagine it might have something to do with the Earthquake in the area, or maybe the typhoon. I’m sure blizzard will have it fixed

There was a 6.7 magnitude earthquake recently. Probably the cause,

yeah thats what i thought so, might be the earthquake or the Typhoon for the servers issues, its weird that BZ have not realease any info about it

Well no, it’s not. They don’t communicate with the community as much as they used to.

just wish if BZ can actually realese something about it, cuz the JPN players are start to think that the BZ have shut down the servers permanently

1 Like