Is it worth coming back to Overwatch?

I never got into WoW but I played FFXI back in high school. Fun times.

Not imo, give Paladins a go.

1 Like

To be fair, do something; anything long enough and one does get inured to the joy of it.

Much of the early stages of joy in something comes from the discovery and newness of it.
Then that would slowly ebb into the joy of mastery and knowledge.
Then both would dilute into simple acceptance.

Not unlike a relationship with a loved one. XD

If I give WoW vanilla a go this is exactly what I’ll do. Looking at guides and “netdecking” a new game really takes the fun out of it after a while.

That’s true, I think this whole “live service model” makes it easier to burn out on games, you feel like you have to play them and they become kind of zombie games. First it feels like a game, then a job, then an addiction, then you hate it but keep playing…

Not really because nothing really changed besides new heroes and maps. Not many hero tweaks besides Mercy, D.va and possibly Sombra.

Yes, well, some people do derive a certain sense of joy from that as well.
Some do not, like yourself and me, in fact.

I like the sense of discovery and experimentation when playing a game. Like, “Let’s see what happens if… oh noz, back to to the drawing board! ha ha!”

Of course, that does get me into trouble with peeps on MMORPGs sometimes so yeah, for the sake of not be considered as trolling, i would read the guides especially if it is a “matured” game. Because it did happen during a difficult quest run when i returned to FFXIV after a hiatus. It put me off healing totally…

1 Like

I would wait and see what the Halloween event offers.

Only comeback for events. At least you get a chance to RNG those skins (without paying!). No point otherwise.