Is it worth coming back to Overwatch?

Here’s the thing, I feel a lot of people think they have to either play the game every single day or not at all for some reason, and I don’t get it.

Like, just play it for a couple hours every other week, when an event rolls out, or just whenever you feel like it, no one’s forcing you to play when you grow frustrated but you don’t have to completely “quit” either.

1 Like

WoW became as big as it did by being more casual friendly though; EverQuest, Ultima Online and Final Fantasy XI where much more in the hardcore angle than WoW was.

1 Like

I’d say yes but a bit later. Some changes to hog were promissed in the next ptr update.

Brigitte is in the game, and all her nerfs were extremely minor. I’d say it isn’t worth getting back to it. Wrecking Ball is a functionally a worse D.Va, not very interesting at all.

People defend her, but you know how it is.

1 Like

People are also saying that Ana is OP.

Hog is somehow worse than he was in Season 10 but is supposed to get changes soon.

Brig is as powerful as ever (shield nerf on PTR tho) and the meta is currently very tanky and supporty. I let you decide if that’s a good or bad thing.

What’s new? Well, Mercy is pretty bad now, Ana is the new hotness. DF and Genji (nanoblade) are everywhere and people are complaining about them. Widow too in high tiers. Hammond is basically a sustainier Winston without the bubble. Double sniper is dead, and that’s really all that’s new.

1 Like

I remember when Ana wasn’t meta. When people said it was an injustice for her to be so bad. She receives a buff, not even a big one, and now she is this overpowered abomination.

It’s just the fact that she is the only true main healer who has utility in her kit. In the end, she’s like Reinhardt. The only one really capable of pulling off her role, non-half-assedly.

2 Likes

You could die questing and wipe in dungeons. That doesn’t happen anymore

That’s an interesting point but for competitive games I like to maintain a certain level of familiarity as I find I get significantly worse if I don’t play regularly and it’s easier to just quit.

Is it worth coming back? depends on your definition of “worth”

it’s an okay game to pass the time or play when you’re bored and have nothing else to play…

If you’re serious about competitive then no it’s really not worth coming back giving how rng competitive is rather than skill based

2 Likes

From this post, I’m assuming that you’re a tank player, so:

Absolutely not. Main tanks specifically are the worst to play they’ve ever been. I hope it’ll get better but it’ll get worse with the torb changes and then they’ll keep screwing main tanks. I’m barely playing anymore.

1 Like

I’m a flex player (so pretty much a tank main by default). I expected at least some people to say Overwatch was worth getting back into, it might just be forums but most people seem pretty bummed out about the games direction.

i think that that is a decision which you can only make for yourself.

Especially considering how negative majority of the forum feel towards the game in general.

Personally, if you think that it is unappealing. Then just continue to play the games which you had been playing and new games which are being released.
If you have a sudden urge to just fire up the game and go at it for an hour or two, go ahead and do so with an open mind.

End of the day, if you aren’t having fun playing a game. Then it isn’t worth playing.

Honestly, it doesn’t feel like a game to me anymore, but more like an extension of my life. I just kinda take the punches and move on. I still play qp, but I can’t take comp anymore.

1 Like

Wait and see what they’ll do for the Halloween event or during Blizzcon.

That is the player base not the game.

I guess I wouldn’t be here if I didn’t feel the itch to pick it up again, I was just wondering if there had been any significant changes but it sounds like it hasn’t changed much.

I’ll re-install it, do some qp and see how I feel, if it’s one fun game in every 20 then I’ll go back to other things.

1 Like

I know the feel, young man.
Is like how basketball is ingrained into my life.
If i don’t have hoops in one way or another, i be fiendin’
And yes, given my age and various physical debilitations, i cannot play competitive (amateur) league games any more and am happy with pick-up games.

OW is quickly becoming like that to me as well albeit i can go for weeks without touching the game (like basketball) but i cannot not read the forums, check the OWL news and watch some re-runs. =)

1 Like

Yeah, i’d reckon that you felt the itch and really, because of how negative the forum is, in general, i advised for you to try it out yourself.

I really do hope that you have fun, dude. =)

Thanks. I remember when the fun used to come easily, it’s sad we have to squeeze it out where we can now. I’ll try to keep an open mind.

1 Like