Is it only me that think Soldier is balanced now?

Could you explain your reasoning here, are you saying old soldier was casual and the new one is competitive? That makes zero sense as the new soldier is comparable to Call of Duty recoil which is a casual game and the old one was more akin to Quake spread which is definitely up there as one of the most competitive FPS out there.

Unless you’re coming from a different angle in which case good…

Really you are confusing typology of game.

Please don’t try to compare fps arena with modern fps.

Competitive fps use recoil pattern this is fact.

Random spread is used by casual game like cod or battlefield.

I’m not enter in detail but you really think recoil where is only the player to control it need less skill than random spread where the player only wait the spread is reduced by the game?

If you really think this i suggest to you to go to Valve and say to them they are doing their game wrong.

Pharah with a 0.5% pickrate, I don’t doubt Pharah can counter hitscans on maps that allow her to do that.

It doesn’t change the fact that she gets destroyed the rest 95% of the time by them

Change the fact because we are talking of GM, they can use the heroes at their best.

If Soldier is so much “overtuned” or op is impossible a GM can find problem with an hitscan to deal with Phara in any case, specially with recoil.

Is Quake not a competitive FPS now?

Lol we’re done here.

P.S. look at the pick rate of Pharah vs Soldier. Another bad argument. Tracer is more comparable.

Really you not have any idea of the difference between two category of fps.

I suggest you to learn something about fps arena, before talking of them.

I see you not even have idea about counters…

LOOK AT HER PICKRATE.

Like are you actually lacking brainwave activity dude?

She isn’t played at all so her winrate doesn’t matter AT ALL.

Really another not have idea how counters work.

I suggest you and others to start to think why there are so very few people lamenting Soldier is “op”/“overtuned”.

Instead see how many saying is too hard or simple not care of Soldier.

Than start to think on who is the real problem.

Are you really comparing a pickrate of more than 4% to a 0,5 one ?

Soldier is often picked regardless of the map or situation, Pharah is only picked when she’s at her best.

Again we are talking of GM, if Soldier is so “op”/“overtuned” they can achieve a perfect aim and counter easily phara.

This not happen, so i think is better to start to think if the problem is Soldier or the few people have problem dealing with him.

Whoever thinks Soldier is overtuned after this change, probably didnt play soldier that much before. Does less damage, reloads less, needs to rely WAY MORE on pure aim to get value and spread is easier to manage (its basically repeating the same burst pattern over and over). Recoil is harder so no, he is balanced.

Simple as that.

The only lucky thing is this players are very few.

But i’m really surprised there are people think random spread need more skill of recoil.

Even explaining them how random spread and recoil work, not make them change idea.

Never see a thing like this, outside of overwatch from when recoil appeared in fps games.

He does a little too much consistent dmg… and his burst dmg uptime is substantially higher with the helix CD buff so they have to either nerf helix by 1/2 secs or nerf the gun by 1 dmg

Helix on 6 seconds is a bit much with his high consistent dmg so they have to choose on or the other

The consistence of damage is skill based, so no nerf to the main weapon isn’t needed, is balanced by skill.

For helix i’m not sure, not need a nerf for the the main weapon change for the reason already explained, but maybe 6 seconds is low by itself for a skill do 120.

Nah.
That CD is the only “burst” he has and its also 100% reliant on Aim AND prediction.
Its balanced.

His effective DPS is up as he has to reload less, it’s easier to hit shots, and you don’t have to burst anymore.

The whole problem is that the recoil is BARELY NOTICEABLE. That’s the ISSUE you people seem to not understand.

Not understand why you lying yourself or not want to understand.

Majority of players have already problem to control the actual recoil, this is a fact.

You must understand people was firstly interested to overwatch because was a fps with nearly no intensive aim skill needed.

Is normal people with low experience with recoil to have problem.

Like was already said by many, Soldier weapon is balanced by player skill.

Console players.

That’s literally it.

I have yet to see anyone that ISN’T on console, say that soldier’s recoil is hard to control.

Literally go into the practice range, it’s practically non existent.

I’d even buff the dmg of helix but make it on a 8 second cooldown like it was

To maybe something like 125 so he can direct 4 shot again (before with 20 dmg u could 4 shot after direct and those 4 shots would be a laser anyway as it took I think up till 7 consecutive shots for spread to occur)

But obviously at the cost of it being 8 seconds