Is comp down or what

So the competitive are down for no reason? Okay lolz.

Bugs and other small stutters happen sure… but the whole comp queue being broken? Lmao. And for hours.

From Bill Warnecke

"Hey folks, we’re investigating an issue that’s causing the new competitive season to not start properly. Sorry for the hassle, we’ll post updates as we have them.

edit: We’re making a temporary fix to bring competitive back online shortly, more details will be posted on our forums as well. Sincere apologies everyone, I hope the games you get in today are all big wins."

1 Like

Good to see you on the forum, bro!

1 Like

The guy who was developing the earrings for OW2 is fixing the problem with ranked on OW1.

Just give him some time. I mean, the game wich is actually playable does not deserve more attention.

2 Likes

An update! Competitive Season 26 Extension

Season 27 is now anticipated to begin next Tuesday. In the interim, you can continue to play games attributed to Season 26.

10 Likes

Ah yes, the gaming returns.

It seems like they might be looking into things. Finally?

Something caused it to break. Maybe they tried tuning the matchmaker or placements to warpzone people around. Maybe something to do with the queues (relaxing MM for better queues or pooling by flexpass etc).

Who knows - you take what you get, and you don’t get upset.

I would actually point out this is the first time a patch was launched right at the time a main competitive season ended. This is more likely a straight up bug, than any major changes happening. From what I have been told, there are no planned changes for season 27.

4 Likes

No changes for season 27, so why the nearly 2GB patch download?

huge experimental patch

2 Likes

There is an experimental play patch that released today. Details here:

They may also be pre-loading content for unreleased events (I would anticipate another Epic Skin mini-event, but this is speculation).

They never have communicated very well with the community. Never have they never will.

1 Like

I had no download.

yo just give us like 5 days or whatever lol we codin’

Why are competitive matches being handicapped with Match Making Rating, “JoshNash?” Blizzard might as well leave the game offline. It’s not doing Overwatch players any good to use this corrupt product.

dangit im banned D: thats annoying

You don’t even play this game anymore, go do something productive with your life.

3 Likes

Mine says season 26.

So its back up? But also didnt the season end? Theres no placements to do for me :thinking:

Welp Im not touching it for now lol