Is Bob a slave?

This has been on my mind for a while, and I’m wondering if Bob actually has free will and if he can actually think for himself, or did Ashe’s parents just enslave him to Ashe when she was young as her butler for all eternity? :thinking:

I assume he’s an employee, but questions about his dynamic with Ashe’s family are interesting. We’ll never know :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

If only we had an in-depth PVE for the developers to further their explanation on this kind of stuff, oh well.

I’m going with the idea that he’s been enslaved, though. :joy:

3 Likes

Your fetishes are your own to have.

5 Likes

His mind controlling device is in the little hat he wears… or the moustache he has.

3 Likes

Why’s it got to be a fetish and not just some complex theory? :skull:

2 Likes

No he left with ash but was owned by ashs parents. But lets say you own a rumba is that a slave?

Bob is Ashe’s only family. He was there for her all her life; even with free will, he probably still wants to protect her.

6 Likes

I get the impression he has free will, just doesn’t really talk.

1 Like

According to “the lore”, at least as I remember it, Bob was an omnic like any other before the Omnic Crisis. During the crisis he left for parts unknown, only to return afterwards without any indication of where he had gone or what he had done.

He is presumably sentient now, courtesy of The Iris. Whatever he does now is of his own free will. He likely regards Ashe as a victim of neglect.

3 Likes

As a part time Ashe main I feel obligated to say Bob lives a very good life and is probably happy how he is.

Where do you even find all the lore for Overwatch? Where can I even go and read it?

I’ve been playing the game for seven years and still can barely find any actual source material for the lore.

They need to add a little tab for each character in the game with all the lore that’s been written or something so I cango and look into all this stuff. Lol

They’ve compiled a lot of it on the wiki from various sources.

1 Like

Slavic, nah slave

Right, you’re one to speak. We call that “hypocrisy” at its finest.

Yeah, it’s totally out of the ordinary to think that an extremely wealthy family forced a robot to watch their child because they had no interest in taking care of that child themselves and only cared about their wealth.

I would throw an insult back at you, but I’m above that and was raised properly, unlike some. :unamused:

Please don’t call her Ash :joy:

I’m getting confused with Siege now lol

Not only that you are dumb, but also moralistic dumb, Im not insulting you, Im telling you objective truth.
Poor Bob, a string of 1 and 0 machine like my phone is my slave, now I feel pity for Alexa, Siri etc …
Bob is an object, cars are object even if they drive themselves they are objects like your computer, phone etc…
What kind of environment did your parents rise you to be so dumb?
Objects have no free will because you cant make since its programmed and you cant enslave it either.
With your logic we forced/enslaved the NPCs in video games to killed, give us gold for quest etc…

You tell me. Also, if it’s a complex theory there is zero evidence that he’s actually a slave, and a bunch of evidence that he was a close employee, like I said. Like others have said, Ashe probably considers BoB family, and he probably feels as similarly as an omnic can for a human in their proximity.

The seeming nonchalance around the concepts of slavery probably rub people the wrong way, and is why I specified fetish since you said that’s what you’re choosing to ‘go with’.

Coal and Ash. ColonAshe.

Enjoy.

That’s better tbh

1 Like