Is Blizzard aware smurfs are a huge problem?

That may be your point… but that’s not really the point of the original post is it? The point is that smurfing is a problem. Which is accurate, it is a problem. It should not be allowed in TOS. It needs to be changed. There is no if and or but about it.

2 Likes

Wait I’m confused, why did you bring up being at 500 sr at some point if you’re not bronze?

Anyway if an actual GM smurfs on their main character they’ll climb to GM pretty fast, could be a regular master/diamond player popping one game for all you know (the skill gap for dps is not that big between ranks), if they play something else they’re not familiar with they’ll just be at the rank they deserve.

My dps alt accounts are all between 3k2 to 3k7, should I get banned because I don’t want to ruin my GM games playing something I know I’m not good at?

But if you lost 23 games in a row it’s not because of people on alts, it’s because of you. A lot of people play on alt accounts from masters and up, if you don’t have the skill level you drop back, that’s all.

Again, alt accounts are fine, Blizzard said so, throwers/derankers are not.

Blizzard’s position is that their ultra efficient matchmaking system ensures that all accounts are moved to the correct ranking lickety split, so there is no problem.

To ensure this is the case they have 3 wise monkeys looking, listening and reporting back to them at the first sign of any wrongdoing.

3 Likes

There is no smurf problem in Overwatch competitive.

There is no war in Ba Sing Se.

2 Likes

Once again, never said I lost 23 in a row. Just said getting team wiped over and over in 23 games in a row. Jesus.

They are aware. They made a statement and they are in a complete denial.

3 Likes

I mean, you got destroyed 23 games in a row in both cases :man_shrugging:

It’s understable that you’re mad and trying to shift the blame, we all do it.

If I bought an alt account I’d at least place in plat for sure, but climbing out of gold?.. harder than it seems, at least the way my internet has been acting up, and the way matches seem to go for me lately. statistically unlikely, yes, but statistically possible, nonetheless.

They said smurf accounts weren’t an issue because their sr system pushes them into their rank quickly.

What they don’t understand is, there’s more to smurfs than alt accounts. Alt accounts are when players play legit and rank up on whatever hero they play, that way they get to their own rank fast without screwing games on the way.

But boosters, alt accounts which people WANT to be in low ranks. They’re all still there, no matter how good your system is at adjusting players skill rating.

I understand it’s a difficult situation to fix for blizzard, but the least they could do is stop pretending the issue doesn’t exist.

4 Likes

It’s not necessarily denial, but the fact that they are run by Eugene Krabs.

5 Likes

I would be glad to review your vods if you can record yourself for me. Provided that’s something you would want. Same goes for the OP. Sk3wlbus#1743

I have no problem helping people who want to climb. I just don’t like people making excuses when they can’t, because I believe anyone who truly wants to climb, can climb if they put in the work.

1 Like

How do you recognize smurfs?

I’m 100% positive they’re aware, I’m also 100% positive they’re not going to do anything because they’re making money off of them.

3 Likes

I fail to see many smurfs and less being a problem. But it might be related to the ranks i see and saw.

Just because you’re wrong you’re going to get mad at me and call me mad? Cry more kid.

Also, I said the 500 medal mark, not 500sr.

1500, 2000, 2500, 3000, etc.

These are all notoriously bad to get out of because you can get the bottom of the barrel or best of the best in your “next medal” game.

It’s actually kind of comical to imagine someone in mid diamond complaining about smurfs. Were you boosted there by chance? o_O

I don’t see smurfs so much as I see low hours alt accounts where the player doesn’t really care about team comp or winning.

1 Like

Smurfs get placed in plat MAXIMUM no matter how good they are if the account is level 25 and they jump right into comp.

So why would this be hard to believe?

A friend placed at 3k6 on his alt lvl 26. Where did you read that you can’t place above plat during your first placements?

Yeah maybe if they’re level 100 or something, if its 25 no you’d be a liar