Is Bastion even on the Devs’ table?

Again, they probably are seeing if some characters will do better based on other heroes changes first or if introducing new characters will help them also

1 Like

Another good point, but considering the current state of Bastion, I would consider it a flimsy crutch to base its entire viability on factors outside of its own kit.

Yeah, but for a team game, it makes a bit of since that a character does better when working as a team

1 Like

Again, true, but there’s a difference between a character in a team game who very strongly benefits from team play, and a character in a team game who is rendered pretty much useless without team play.

Even Mercy can at least function somewhat independently, but Bastion is literally completely subject to its team giving a second thought about it.

That’s the reason I sympathize with Mercy players so much lol

Yeah, but if bastion was strong on his own, think what he would be behind a team?

I wonder what Bastion would be like if they swapped tank and sentry.

So Bastion would regularly roam around as a tank. Doing less damage per shot for balance reasons.

Then his ult transforms him into a turret. Maybe with more health. Like 800. As a “hold the line” kinda ultimate.

I feel like it’d be easier to balance him that way and would create a better distinction between using recon & sentry.

No he is not, at least not officially.

Bolding text doesn’t work very well on the new forums so read through it, Bastion is not on the list of heroes they’re focusing on right now.

2 Likes

I’ve used this analogy before but it feels like I’m talking at a wall with the Blizz logo on it when I speak about Bastion. There aren’t enough of us to keep threads alive and those that do and get a lot of attention are just kind of ignored. To my knowledge, only the Bastion threads out of all the F tier heroes have not gotten any dev attention. I don’t want to sound like a toddler crying out for attention but that’s all we can do now. Our threads are ignored so we can only talk about that and they’re still ignored.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20759286904?page=1
This is a post on the old forums about giving back old sentry with a butt load of likes even while downvotes were around. It has 272 likes and 40 dislikes.

3 Likes

They’ve said he’s a hard hero to balance, it’s the same reason Mei and DF only got the slow time buff, less ammo on alt fire, and reload speed buff instead of anything impact-full. There have been a lot of good suggestions on changing Bastion

I’m not trying to plug this thread but in the possible changes, possible rework, and the recent threads section in that post it has a ton of change/rework ideas across all of them. I put my favorite in the main post (the possible rework section).

2 Likes

I do, and he does.

The biggest hesitation I have is when people start looking at him from an above-perspective. Bastion does require skill, and thinking that he doesn’t is what lead him to become OP when they reworked him.

He needs adjustments, and not overloaded buffs. I don’t expect everyone to have a high about of playtime on him, but I do expect that they have a mutual respect for the hero and know that it’s not just spray-and-pray when playing him.

This problem comes into play when anyone wants an F-tier hero buffed. They don’t acknowledge the skill that the hero needs and sees them as easy, then any buffs they get break them and it does no one any good. So yes, rallying everyone up to help support Bastion buffs is needed, but we need to streamline what we want buffed so that he doesn’t become stupidly, brokenly, OP again.

Same :sob:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

2 Likes

Oh believe me I’m aware of this. I don’t think Bastion needs a conventional “buff” as much as a thorough review by the Devs. I would personally just like to allow Bastion some moderate vertical mobility outside of Sentry at regular intervals (aka not while using ult).

All I think they need to do is revert sentry. It went from actually needing to aim and being an actual counter to tanks (He had a chance to fight Roadhog or Reinhardt before they hooked/pinned him) but then he just became a spray and pray and never use sentry unless it’s pirateship hero.

2 Likes

So true , yet they don’t even pay attention to the pickrates…

1 Like

They pretty much forgot Bastion, it sucks

2 Likes

Well, they fixed his bug but that’s something they should do for any hero so I don’t think it means much.

Not only are they not fixing him, but they suspend you if you play him.

They did fix his bug though. I also think the whole getting suspended for playing off meta might just be an automated system.

1 Like

Still doesn’t change the fact you get suspended for playing him as everyone is gonna scapegoat and report bastion if you lose regardless of how you did. And yeah I appealed and it was upheld so they are fine with this kind of mob rule.

1 Like

Update: Torb, in second-to-last place, has now reached a pickrate of 0.74%. Meanwhile, Bastion has dropped to 0.50%.

1 Like

What’s funny is his winrate is under 50% in bronze and silver where he’s supposed to be the best. He’s even bad when he’s doing his best :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like