Is anyone on the dev team actually a Sym main? (PLS READ FIRST POST)

Flexable when Jeff showed his profile. He is a tank main So what kinda of flex are you using hear. Because unless you can play all the hero no one is hundred percent flex player.

And torb was designed as a defense oriented hero. Right now you can play him on attack and defsense on any map and it wouldn’t matter.

1 Like

I don’t see anything in this job description about playing Symmetra.

You made something up.

How? I said they might be a playtester, which could still be the case; I don’t see how that job description proves otherwise. You also gave no source for it.

You’re interpretation only works if you assume Jeff randomly used a definition of main that makes zero sense

Why? A main isn’t a standardised term, that could have been his opinion at the time.

Your job to provide proof

You want me to prove a negative? Shall I also prove god doesn’t exist whilst I’m at it? Or how about the space teapot floating between here and Mars?

This person is basically calling Jeff’s statement false because of the lack of understanding of Sym. He isn’t doubting that he claimed the person was a Sym main. You’re alone on that.

I’m not saying Jeff did anything in particular. I’m saying I find it weird that they mentioned someone who might not even consider themself to be a Sym main in a discussion about whether or not the dev team has any Sym mains. It’s vague and doesn’t actually answer the question, which could really have been as short as a yes or no either way.

Pretty sure this was answered by Jeff a while back that there was a dev that was a Sym main and had a lot of hours on her.

I have a lot of hours on Sombra, over 50; does that make me a Sombra main rn?

Let’s see I main Mercy, D VA, zen, Lucio, Brig, and Moira. You can have more than one main.

case and point. hilarious

Please read what I said correctly. He said that the dev WAS A SYM MAIN and had many hours on her. As in, they additionally enjoyed playing her the most.

He didn’t actually, he said, “regarding symmetra main question… our live ops producer has 700 hours on her.”

Now you tell me if that makes that person a Sym main.

Yes. The more you play a character the more that character is your main. Like, I don’t get the misunderstanding? Or are you being obtuse on purpose?

You did more than say they might be. You strongly suggested this was the case and that Jeff’s definition of main was someone who was paid to play a lot of a hero. Your entire argument hinged on that being true.

It does have a standard community meaning. And as the primary person who communicates with the people, it’s his job to know the most used lingo. He’s never used it wrong before. And no reasonable person would think someone doing their job is the same as someone who wants to play that hero for fun. And he has already shown awareness of the proper meaning and used it correctly to describe his own free time playing.

“This person is paid to play Sym” is not proving a negative. Provide an actual basis for that claim.

It would be weird. He didn’t do that.

It does. Indirectly. People often don’t begin their answer to yes or no questions with yes or no. Sometimes they just give information that with context makes it clear the answer is yes or no. Like Jeff did here.

2 Likes

And what if that person also has 2000 Rein hours? You gonna tell me they’re a Sym main instead? Or what if they actually don’t even like Sym and just have to playtest her as part of their job, they still a Sym main then?

You know what would settle the question? If a dev would admit that they, in fact, are a Sym main. But none have. You know what else would answered the question either way? If Jeff had given a straight up yes or no … but he didn’t.

@VenusArmani

You did more than say they might be. You strongly suggested this was the case and that Jeff’s definition of main was someone who was paid to play a lot of a hero

I said it seemed that way. Unlike you, I do not claim to be an all-seeing eye, hence why this thread started with a question, not a statement.

h ttps://www.velvetjobs.com/job-posting/producer-live-ops-395324

K, and do you know for a fact live ops producers aren’t expected to playtest? Because I’ve had to do quite a lot of things in previous jobs that weren’t in any of my job descriptions.

It does have a standard community meaning

Didn’t realise Overwatch was a scientific field now with its own journal–could you please point me to it? Or is there maybe a definition somehwre on the Blizzard website?

And he has already shown awareness of the proper meaning and used it correctly to describe his own free time playing.

Then why didn’t he give a yes or no answer? And again anyone can make a mistake.

This person is paid to play Sym” is not proving a negative. Provide an actual basis for that claim.

That’s not my argument, that’s a possible weakness in your argument, which is that there is, indeed, a person who is a sym main on the dev team, which would be a positive statement. If you can’t show me an example of anyone who isn’t a paid palytester on the dev team who is a Sym main, then you have no proof, do you?

It would be weird. He didn’t do that.

So you have proof that person does consider themself a Sym main?

It does. Indirectly

A suggestion that something “might” be the case does not mean that it is. If you ask me if I got milk earlier and I respond, “I went to the shop” that doesn’t mean I actually did get milk despite all the ~context~.

The question to Jeff is if there was a Sym main, I srsly, SERIOUSLY doubt that he would suggest anyone OTHER than someone who actively enjoys and plays Sym. Like. whoa… How hard do you want your version of the ‘truth’ to work here?

I don’t want any particular version of the truth, I want a clear, yes or no answer. Like I said, maybe that person Jeff implied was a Sym main would not actually consider themself a Sym main, he might just have assumed (which tbh looks like it is the case), in which case we have a problem.

The answer was yes, but for some reason you’re incapable of understanding it.

Jeff would not talk about his teammate in a way the teammate himself didn’t see himself as. The guy panicked when he thought he was the one who let slip that Sigma was the next character on Seagull’s stream. He’s the kind of person who wouldn’t want to lie about his co-worker.

The answer was yes, but for some reason you’re incapable of understanding it.

Please quote where Jeff says yes.

He’s the kind of person who wouldn’t want to lie about his co-worker.

Making a mistake is not lying.

Only a person who understands basic clear context would be able to see it, sorry, can’t explain clear text to you.

You clearly have your own narrative and it’s a wrong one.

Pretty sure I remember Jeff mentioning some time ago that someone on the dev team has a couple hundred hours on Sym~

Only a person who understands basic clear context would be able to see it, sorry, can’t explain clear text to you.

Or someone who just refuses to make unfounded assumptions. Btw one of friends is actually a Nigerian prince and he could really use some of your help …

You clearly have your own narrative and it’s a wrong one.

I have no narrative, I’m simply asking question that could quite easily be put to bed with a yes or no answer that is mysteriously lacking.

Sym was the most flexible hero in the game… was.

1 Like