Invisible players in comp, floating orbs bug

Just run into this bug in July 2023. Blizz can afford to pay someone like Bobby Kotick 155mil a year but theyre just a small indy dev when it comes to patching game breaking bugs

2 Likes

Had this issue crop up in competitive Mystery Heroes today on Midtown. I randomly DC’d (only in OW, no other connectivity issues), loaded back in after restarting my game, and after we switched to defense, I was playing Hanzo and died to an invisible Tracer that made no noise. The next 4 minutes were painful, but at least it looked funny. I’d say half the roster probably was not loading in.

2 Likes

I run a DarkHeroVIII , 5800x, 3080, 1tb samsung m.2 all about a year old. I really don’t think it’s the hardware man. Lots of streamers have this documented.

1 Like

It happens when your hard drive’s read speed is overloaded and can’t load the textures in time. It has nothing to do with Blizzard’s servers, or bugs in the game, or internet connection. Texture loading problems happen in TONS of different games. If you’re getting this often, I’m willing to bet money on you having installed the game on a HDD, instead of an SSD. I’d be surprised if this happens to anyone with an SSD because they’re tens of times faster drives then regular hard drives. Just install all games on an SSD, there’s no reason to be playing games on HDD’s in 2023.

1 Like

Overwatch is installed on an NVME SSD and running on a 2080 and it’s happened twice now in comp in the past 3 days.

It’s not about read/write speeds because this issue is intermittent, not regular. Never had this issue with OW1, or any other game, really.

1 Like

This being a bug is an incredible conspiracy. Lovin it.

Regardless of how good your rig is, your internet, software, or hardware can fail you at any time.

Your computer, for some reason, can’t properly load textures during that time. That’s why it uses the placeholder wisp texture. Your internet dipped or your drive failed, this is a technical issue.

If you experience this frequently, you should head over to tech support and read around. Maybe use some of the info on there to track your issue and send in a ticket.

2 Likes

I have it installed on a Gen4 NVME drive.

1 Like

@blizzard HOW ABOUT YOU FIX THIS BUG NOW?

1 Like

When I see that generally is because I still have to load the models

1 Like

To me it seems more like a problem with the server. It has never happened to me and I have a NASA computer. Additionally, I have friends who are having problems with the WOW servers at the same time. Chance?

1 Like

just happened to me. happens a lot on the newer maps but sometimes on others. i was on blizz world with reworked lighting so that might have something to do with it.

I’d like to test to see if task manager can force a 3d reload in game somehow will come back here and make a post as well as a yt vid maybe to spread the word (and get some clout) because nobody has found a fix yet.

1 Like

yeah this is still happening in 2024, i was confused because i was watching my team in OT fight nothing all over the payload so i did the moira suck and an invisible mei died, only to be rezzed by an invis mercy. its not pc related i have a great pc and it still happened, and since its activision owned i bet it doesnt get fixed, they just want money look at cod

1 Like

BUMP ! this is still happening, had a whole invisible enemy team half way a comp game. gg activision i had no vision at this game…

This happened to me but it was in qp

Just happenned to me in comp. The ennemy reaper was a light orb and had no sound effect. We lost because of that.

Just happened to me again after months of no issues. Looks like this patch broke stuff again and this is back. I lost a comp game and I’m 99% sure our tank reported me for throwing because I kept dying to an invisible soldier as pharah when I didn’t even know he existed, then when I told him I had this glitch he didn’t believe me. Love to see it.

I was recording my game for content when it happened so I have everything on recording. I’m playing mercy and can’t even see who I’m healing. My entire user interface disappears and my team turned into orbs. I could t hear any voice lines or ultimate call outs. Then my game just froze and crashed my entire computer. I got suspended for 1 hour for something I couldn’t control. It’s a bunch of bs, overwatch fix your broken game.

Just happened to me for the first time in a while, we were winning in comp then second half of the game I get this bug where my GUI is invisible and also enemy players are invisible… super hard to play when you cant see the people shooting at you

Can confirm this is still an issue

GTX 1080
i7 5820k
Win10
Latest drivers