Introducing: PLAYER DESTRUCTION, a community gamemode from TF2

This mode is a recreation of TF2’s Player Destruction mode. Code: 0F2E8

General Gameplay:

1. Each player must collect resources (which take on the appearance of an orb) from the enemy team.
  2. In order to do this, the player must kill them.
  3. Once they die, they spawn a resource orb with the amount of resource points the enemy player had plus the one they dropped. (Ex. 6 resource points + 1 from death).
  4. The player can deny the enemy team points by collecting their own teammates’ orbs.
  5. The points earned from a teammate’s orb is just the amount they have collected (i.e. If they had zero resources, the player will get zero resource points as well).
  6. Eventually, the moving beam spawns. Players must stand in the beam in order to deposit their resources 1 by 1. This will add to the total team score. This is the only way to earn points.
  7. After some time, the beam will despawn. The next round begins…

Team Leaders and Total Count:

1. Team leaders are players that have the most resources of the team (and have at least 2 resource points).
  2. When a player is a team leader, they will have an icon above their head along with the number of resources they currently have and their ultimate charge percentage.
  3. This mark and number can be seen by everyone and anywhere in the map.
  4. Team Leaders essentially become tempting targets for the enemy team.
  5. There can be multiple team leaders in the team. A strategy could be to sacrifice positional information for less points per death.
  6. When the player becomes a Team leader, they also get a HUD text that says “TEAM LEADER!” This way, the player know they are visible to everyone in the game.
  7. Teammates, protect your team leaders!
  • The total count of all the resources each team has can be seen as a HUD text on the left hand side of the screen. Use this to help know if someone is holding a decent load of resources while not being the team leader.

Important Note:

• For those familiar with Player Destruction from TF2, There are multiple differences between this version of Player Destruction and the one in TF2.
  1. In TF2, the team leader received self healing and could heal nearby teammates. This does not happen in this version. Due to the flexibility of team compositions, the team should be able to protect the team leader. Instead, healing is granted to the player who manages to kill the team leader. Also, in TF2, there was only one team leader per team. There can be multiple team leaders in this version. In addition, team leaders in TF2 can be anyone with the greatest amount, including just 1 resource. In this version, players become team leaders when they have at least 2 resources.
  2. In TF2, each map had different ways to deposit the resources. (Watergate had a UFO that moved, Monster Bash had bridges that would spawn and lead to the point, etc.) All maps in this version function the exact same way: A moving beam that starts at one point of the map to the other point. No gravity altercations either.
  3. In TF2, the game could go on for infinity. In this version of Player Destruction, there is a round system that prevents this.

Credits:

• Created by Block#12425. Thanks to Ikra#2825 (for scripting assistance for a rule) and KevlaR#11440
  • Thanks to all the testers so far you have contributed their time and advice for this mode!

Nice dude! This is almost exactly like an earlier project of mine that i never finished for whatever reason. I’m happy someone finally made this gamemode. (It was about time, really)

1 Like

I cannot post links, but if you want to see the latest updates, check the link in the description of the gamemode! The site is also known as Elohell