Sometimes while I play Overwatch, my internet completely drops and it causes me to black screen mid-game, which is very infuriating especially when it happens during competitive mode.
Here is what would happen when my internet drops mid-game:
- My character is stuck moving in the direction it was moving before the internet dropped, but I can still hear voice chat and other people are moving normally.
- After a couple of seconds, I stop being able to hear other people and their characters start floating off into the sky.
- Then, my screen turns black and has the loading icon on the bottom right and then after a bit it loads back into the game. I didn’t disconnect from the game and I’m at the spot I disconnected originally at.
- Immediately after, I am kicked out of the game once again and then usually either stay out of the game or am greeted with the map loading screen like I just re-entered the game.
On top of this, while this is all happening, messages being sent by me on Discord are delayed and take a while to send and my ping to Discord vcs spikes to 5000ms and then goes back to normal once I’m able to reconnect to my game. I can’t search anything or load pages while this is all happening either.
Any help fixing this issue would be appreciated, I don’t want to throw my GM games because of something as stupid as this.
Things I have already tried:
- Restarting both my router and modem
- Updating my router software
- Flushing my IP or whatever it does
https://pastebin.com/APwm3d6s DxDiag result