Intentional quitting in 1st minute

So a lot of people are queuing with friends who play on burner accounts and if they get rolled on the first team fight the person on the burner account will quit to cancel the match hop on another account (sometimes another burner) and queue again.

Can this be fixed?

Maybe not allowing someone to cancel the match after they’ve died or shortening the time to cancel.

3 Likes

there just abusing the bad game design that most of the community that plays ranked is

if you did that most of the ladder’s accounts would be banned or at the very least actioned against

1 Like

Not saying they should or have to be banned but they should make it harder to do the exploit.

1 Like

Blizzard just need to add backfill to Competitive. That’d fix that problem as well as others.

2 Likes

Backfill for ranked is literally the worst idea I’ve seen on these forums.

Then you haven’t read much of the forums.

Care to explain why you think that?

Make it where by backfilling, you can score full points for winning and only lose half or a quarter of the normal amount for losing. Done.

It boggles the mind how you can’t figure that out on your own, but since you seem not to be able to figure it out, think about backfill in Quickplay. How often do you actually win when you backfill into a team?

I want a full game, not to join while another team is losing.

2 Likes

It would be an alternate queue choice.

I absolutely never ever want to join a game already in progress.

More often than not.

But then, that’s Quick Play. That’s a whole different ball game to Competitive.

Which is why backfill in Competitive would need to be optional for the player.

It should never be optional. The only back filling you’d do is on losing games, that is just stupid.

That’s not the only time you’d be doing it at all.

For example, you could backfill in if someone disconnects before the match even starts.

Try stopping and actually thinking about it for a bit instead of making uninformed kneejerk comments.

Just reset the match… I don’t even know what you’re trying to solve.

It’s a good way to protect your MMR.
Always do this.

Backfill within first minute so it cant be abused.

That’d be neat. Maybe it could give you an option when the queue pops to join a backfill match if that happens to be the best fit for you. If you accept, you can gain more SR for a win than you normally would and you’ll only lose minimal SR for a loss. This would potentially allow for trolling and griefing by the backfiller if they know a loss won’t lose them much, but it’s still better than trying to win with 5 people.