Instead of making a new UI for owl

No, smart spending is giving 15 million to the HOF!

I was under the belief that playing video games was the point…

1 Like

Devs: Lets cut down on screen clutter!
Also devs: makes death markers the size of a crouching tracer
Devs: Yup, looks good.

1 Like

So basically you want a system similar to how Paladins does it?
i.imgur[DOT]com/yAA8CxI.jpg

To be fair, the UI stuff isn’t just for OWL. It’s for anyone spectating a custom game. Lots of streamers host custom tournaments (Like Jayne’s upcoming Peasant Cup) and some Streamers will host “Bronze Only” tournaments or “Plat Only Tournaments” for their subscribers.

Those games will all use the same UI interface and benefit from it just the same (As will the viewers on Twitch and Youtube).

You completely missed that guy’s sarcasm lol

1 Like

Have you tried turning on the allied health bars option? Personally, I don’t have a problem with knowing who on my team is alive but I’d love if I could always see ally ult charges in the bottom left or something. Spamming the scoreboard in the middle of the fight is awful.

1 Like

I was thinking EXACTLY this today. A toggle with the Tab key, so that if in case it does get in the way, you can easily turn it off.

1 Like

Why would they make Ultra Instinct for Overwatch League?

No it wasn’t. The execution was bad. But Overwatch league in and of itself isn’t inherently bad. It ensures that the game has a long life span. Provided it keeps the money coming.

If only we still had the old Blizzard, and i mean the Blizzard that actually cared about having satisfied customer base over an extra buck. Not the Activision infested Blizzard. All the top dogs of Blizzard have left. It’s mostly just Activision in control now. And that’s the reason why we’re getting little to no new content.

Overwatch league could have coexisted with more frequent content updates.
But new content makes little to no money, so they’re opting to invest into OWL.
(And perhaps a mobile game?)

1 Like

20 more owl teams = 0.4~1.2 billion USD goes into the actiblizzion coffers. Of all the problems with OWL and the game, spending isn’t one of them. Like if they actually paid the devs with that money maybe we’d be in a better spot.

This.

Saying that they have less content because OWL draws so many resources is a weak excuse. OWL and the main game are 2 different things (in terms of sustain). They shouldn’t affect each other in any way.

I hope they do - that would improve my gameplay experience by a lot. They let everyone play whatever hero they want in comp games but are worried about me cluttering up my interface with an optional UI element?? :slight_smile:

You are incorrect and misled. Pay more attention to investor calls and finance statements.

Actually I’d rather have a scoreboard.

Get the $40 lifetime OWL and pro viewer pass!* Now you can watch your favorite OWL team, or Streamer from any angle!

*includes Overwatch game

1 Like