Input/ Normal Lag

Hi there, I recently started playing Overwatch again and noticed that the lag that made me stop playing is persisting. I had about 10 games without it earlier, but then it came back. It makes it to where I will click w to move forward and just keep moving forward despite letting go of the key. Likewise, my shots are delayed by as much as 7-10 seconds and my mouse input is glitching and incorrect. Any ideas on hot fix this?

edit- “”"“MY”""" internet is fine and isn’t the problem.

Thanks,

DaddySpank

Just to save you some time of waiting for a blizzard or tech support response you need to run a WinMTR test to prove its not your PC (they’ll ask you to do this even if you say it isn’t your internet):

Then they’ll be able to help you.

1 Like

It wont let me drag or attach a file in here… But I can assure you its not my internet. I am legit playing League at the same time and have 60 ms. I am also in a discord with my friends and there is 0 lag.

Different internet routes are used for different games and services, so your connections to those things is irrelevant. (More info from the staff at this link about how this works.) The WinMTR is the first step in the connection troubleshooting process. Even if there is nothing wrong, it helps eliminate something from the list of potential issues. Whether you do the test is up to you, but I can’t help without some data to look at. You always have the option to open a ticket with the staff, where they will ask for the same test.

WinMTR instructions (click to expand/collapse)

This data request is for players connecting to NA or OCE realms. EU players can post their data in the EU forum for troubleshooting.

Follow the support documentation for WinMTR. If you’re unable to get into a game for the IP address, or you’re being connected to the wrong region, then use an IP from the table provided on that page that matches your usual region. Run the test until you encounter the issue again, or for at least 10 minutes.

Share your results in a reply:

1. Click the “Copy Text to clipboard” button after you’ve finished the test per the instructions.
  2. Paste the text in a reply, then highlight the pasted text and click </> on the post editor.
  3. Break any links by adding a space before .com, .net, etc.