Incorrect Ranking S4 + Permanent Bronze 5

I was silver on my main account s2 for seasons 1 and 2, I’ve been playing on the account since ow 1 release. for season 3 I played with some friends who are newer in the game and are correctly placed bronze so I ended on bronze with them because I only played with them all season. This season the rank adjustment put me in bronze 5 and no amount of solo play will let me out. So I made a new account after day 2 of this season because I was so frustrated knowing how hard it would be to climb out ontop of what I feel is an incorrect placement and it placed me gold 4 I did this just to satisfy myself that it’s the game and not me before posting on the forums, because of trolls like you telling people it’s skill. I don’t need to prove anything to anyone. And neither do you. Let people report this so the devs take a look and be KIND to people it’s literally telling people in bronze 5 that their Sr is 0 after 5 wins 0 losses.

4 Likes

Now listen to me carefully, more carefully than you read before if you ever did.
I am not here to troll and tell skill issue unless it is the actual case, which is the case most of the time.
Bronze5 is 10-15 divisions wide as if we were playing back in ow1. There were bottom500+1499 SR to get to silver. Part of that SR is bronze5 which is about 10-15 divisions as if you need to rank up 3 ranks instead of 1. You do 2–4 splits of 5-0’s depending on your performance and then you climb.
New accounts have initial rank boost depending on win rate. That is not a case for hardstuck accounts which is your main. So there is nothing to satisfy about, what you did is just self-deception (created new account got to gold). The more hardstuck your account the more flawless wins it requires. And no matter what devs lying us about performance takes no effect, you may not play mercy there to climb effectively. You need to pick high-performance aim demanding characters and do damage, kills and so on.
Bronze5 is deep, it took me 20-0 on one account and 15-0 on another to climb out and I am gm1 on support.
Your excuses accepted.

No no, you need to read carefully. The start of this season under your “new rank” it says something like you are in the top 3/rd of this rank bracket etc. A lot of people in bronze 5 are getting a bug where it says you are at the minimum value for this rank meaning their Sr is at 0 enough people have pulled their Sr to find out. They have also openly acknowledged that some people were ranked too low. Why is it hard for you to believe that there is also a flaw now allowing people to accumulate any Sr in bronze 5 like initial launch which is a verified issue the game had and took what 2 months to fix? There is a big effecting accounts right now where people cannot gain Sr in bronze 5 and by the sounds of this op post possibly people out of bronze 5 as well who seemingly can only loose Sr and not gain which is why they all keep steadily dropping then joining people already placed at minimum value bronze 5. It’s not about my one account being hard stuck, I know how to get out I did it in season one I switched from mercy to moria/Lucio and got to silver, played silver s2 on mercy, I know how to climb, it’s still frustrating. And the fact is you can’t right now, if your account is experiencing this bug.

3 Likes

Because I know what’s the issue and I fixed it multiple times.

This is the same as saying bronze5 it determines nothing, it is made for ppl who can’t count and understand simple logic. At bronze 4 it will say you are at 20-25% above the ppl in a certain RANK. So it is useless information.

Yes it is, but you are still able to climb out of there with a bit more effort and believe. Moira and lucio are not the best choice still. Bap/Zen/Ana/Kiri will do. What is frustrating for me that ppl just give up and call it a bug. These devs can confirm anything but they don’t know how their game works because they don’t play it, but I do.

I’m getting Comp matches ranked at Bronze 4 and 5 as a Support and there have been some shockingly unbalanced matches where sometimes we roll and sometimes they roll us. I’m wondering if it’s because all these higher level players are accidentally being set lower?

2 Likes

Yep, had the same issue here -_-

3 Likes

Just played another set and had 5 wins with 2 losses. So this is 15 wins, 8 losses and still can’t make it back into Bronze 4 despite having just deranked. 2023 04 16 17 56 44 - YouTube

Maybe this is some weird side effect of changes to the ranking system mentioned in the patch notes and eventually I’ll rank back up. I’d just like some assurance that if I keep performing well it will happen eventually, and that I’m not experiencing a bug and wasting my time. I was one of those people who played season 4 in the first hour and I heard there was some kind of rank decay bug affecting those players, but as far as I know that should resolve after winning 5 games.

1 Like

I pulled my Blizzard data but there’s nothing I see for SR. I heard that they removed it, but either way I can’t find it. I do have the “INVALID” matches I mentioned in my previous post though.

1 Like

Customer support can give it to you on request.

1 Like

Im having the same issue currently, I was silver 3 on support at the end of last season, had a rank sess where I went 3/5, which, I expected to rank down but I didn’t expect to be put all the way back down to bronze 5. Didn’t think much because it didn’t take me long to get out of bronze, but after like 5 reranks, I’m still bronze. My last two reranks, 2/5 lost, 1/5 I lost, I won 10 games, lost 3, still in bronze 5. No movement in either rerank. Said I’m at minimum value for this said rank. I’m fairly new to playing overwatch in general, I started last season, so, I thought maybe that was the problem? But seems people who have played longer than I have + higher ranked than I was, are also having the same issue. My DPS & tank roles don’t have the same issue as my support, I can rank up on both. I’ve just stopped playing support role which sucks because I enjoy it, but no point if I’m getting nothing rewarding for my work.

3 Likes

I thought this is something wrong with my account, but, perhaps, I’m not alone :slight_smile: I had silver 1, at the start of the season - platinum 5. I’ve got 7 reranks and only gold 1 or 2, and, in addition, only platinum 5 or 4.

2 Likes

I’ll see what they say in their next response. I opened a ticket explaining the issue and linked a bunch of these forum threads I’ve been collecting. The Game Master’s response, while prompt and friendly, only assured me that my “account is not hacked or bugged” and linked me to a September 2022 explanation of how competitive ranking works now that I’d already read. I didn’t get the sense that they did much of deep dive into my player data or debugging. It seemed to be a bit of canned response, honestly.

I can ask about getting my SR in the next response, since that would be interesting to know in any case.

1 Like

Im having the same issue… I am bronze 5 support somehow still. My last 3 rankings were 5 wins 1 loss, 5 wins 3 losses, 5 wins 5 losses. So my MMR should be increased from the first and second rank stats, right? well no matter how well i do, i stay bronze 5. I have been doing this for months and still bronze. Support doesnt really help which is sad too, I asked if my account was bugged and they didnt answer that question sadly. It is SO discouraging, makes me not want to play comp

2 Likes

Dude I’m in the same boat. I got to gold last season then tanked bad. I play with 2 dudes in gold but still can’t get out of bronze even when I win.

2 Likes

What do you mean don’t dive that random guy your account? What guy?

1 Like

The post was edited or removed. I remember reading something in this thread where someone was saying to let another player use their account to prove that this is a skill issue. I don’t see it now.

1 Like

I wanted to say this is now FIXED! Someone linked my thread to an overwatch employee, who viewed it and said there was an issue and it will be fixed. As of an hour ago, my problem was solved! Post found here: https://twitter.com/Senri94744352/status/1648346797968965632

1 Like

i can confirm, it works now for me too, i would have always gotten the statement that i am at the bottom of this division and now i finally reached bronze 4. i am glad they fixed it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just won 5 out of 6 games and didnt rank up can someone help?

1 Like

i dont know why, but yes i do experience the same bs again, 7 rankups in a row i am stuck in bronze 5 with it telling me im on 46% of the players in this division. 1 or 2 times i would understand but not seven of possibly even more! i would really appreciate if someone got a valuable explanation for this crap, becaus by now i am kind of getting mad about it

1 Like