Incorrect Career Profile Overview and Statistics on Console

• 1 for this comment.
2 Likes

Don’t worry, we’ll get another half hearted ‘developer update’ from Aaron saying he sees their faults and that they plan to communicate better. It’s a rinse and repeat. It’s the same load of crap season after season. “Blah blah blah, we can do better. Blah blah blah, we’ll communicate more. Blah blah blah, the last hot fix didn’t work so it’ll be fixed next season’s midpatch”

It’s become more predictable than their yearly events.

2 Likes

I contacted Blizzard Support again regarding the bug & this is their reply:

While Customer Support can handle a ton of issues, one thing we’re limited with are potential bugs, since we aren’t able to fully investigate, verify, or manually fix the technical aspect of them, so be sure to use one to the reporting methods below.

Bug forums (Blizzard Support - Report a Bug) - the plus side to this is that the community can contribute and if you get others posting on your thread, it draws more attention to the issue and gives the QA and dev team a better idea of how many people are affected. The downside is that it can sometimes feel like your reports are lost in a sea of other reports, but there are actually people who monitor and review all reports made there, even if they don’t directly reply.

Once our Quality Assurance team receives the report, they can test the issue and attempt to recreate it. If they are able to replicate the bug and pinpoint the cause of it, they will send their information over to the Development team. From there, they can correct any issues within the code that need fixing, and then you’ll see that reflected in patch notes or bug fix blog posts.

I know this has been frustrating, but I hope this information helps.

I guess the only thing we can do is spread more awareness and keep on bumping threads that are about this bug. Also, maybe it would help if an Overwatch content creator (e.g., streamer or YouTuber) could discuss this bug & be a voice for us players who lost countless hours from the game :cry:

2 Likes

Yes… bump. I also think this really isnt ‘for console players’ when you think about it. I play a mix of PC and console and my stats are just disappeared from both platforms, as its cross play. Really it should just be a ‘reinstate historic stats for players who started on console when OW2 launched’

anyway… Season 9 looks loaded, what are the chances they actually fixed this for us? probably nil… “more important things”
Feels like there will always be more important things :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

3 Likes

Update:
After this season’s (9) midseason patch, I logged into the game and found an increase in my career profile hours and more accurate statistics. Not sure if they are all correct but I am glad to see them back!

Hi there, writing this to keep this thread alive, after all this time i still have the same problem as all of u guys, my statistics are completely wrong. They show a lot less hours than they should, especially on my main, and even my top 3 most played heroes is wrong. Hoping they’ll eventually fix this, I’ve seen other people getting their stats back to normal, but i want to address the problem for those who still have this problem like me after MONTHS.

Mine got reinstated, when did you first notice this issue?