Incoming DF adjustments

but they’re not incoming so gonna report that thread

4 Likes

Indeed, it was a satire on the Brigitte nerfs. I thought it was obvious from the 7s-stun and -50 shield nerfs. Well, and the “rings a bell” question, ehe.

I didn’t even read the stuff you wrote because you already baited me with the nonsense title

4 Likes

As someone who has spend hundreds of hours of playing support, and a decent chunk of playing Doomfist, I can tell you that he isn’t OP. The people who complain about him are the people who face a good Doomfist a couple of times, and think he’s OP for it. He’s not. Widowmaker can miss a shot, and unless it’s a flanker on their way to kill her, she’s safe. She can miss shots all she wants, and not worry about her dying immediately. Doomfist, on the other hand, throws himself into combat, near the middle of the fight, and has to use all his abilities to get out or in. He can throw himself in, and get screwed when he uses all his abilities up, or he can only use one ability, hope to get a kill, and throw himself out. Not a very good way to play, if you can’t aim. He isn’t reliant on one shotting heroes, he relies on hitting them. If he can hit with slam, he can deal a lot of damage in that space with his primary. If he hits uppercut, the trajectory is pretty much locked (Opponent has no air control), and can be hit with slam or fist. If he hits fist, he’ll either kill them if a full charge shot, or be able to deal combo them. Those are the only ways he can deal damage. He can’t play it safe. He’s very high risk. He isn’t OP, he’s just very good in the right hands (like every other hero). It takes way more skill to do well with him, than to deal well with someone like Soldier.

2 Likes

have you not been here this week?

Excellent (20 chars pepehands)

I don’t honestly understand everyone who keeps giving doomfist these huge nerfs. They could do simple things like maybe increase the charge time of rocket punch a little giving you more time to dodge it, and maybe decrease the range of rocket punch by a meter or two. He doesn’t need anything like this.

Thats a very small vocal minority. Everyone replying to them usually shut them down.

point still stands lol

Doomfist is broken. I’m uploading a video of the dude killing me about 14 times in Masters. I never die that much!!! All he did was kill me with his abilities! He takes no skill. I don’t care what anyone has to say. He also hard to kill with his 5 shield buff change.

Doomfist counters the both of them. You know this, and you play them anyway? I don’t think the problem is Doomfist here. Furthermore, if you’re playing Ana you can sleep dart Doomfist in the middle of his combo.

The title is indeed misleading and should be changed.

You’re countered plus you obviously don’t have the skill to kill him. It’s a you problem more than anything.

If a DF player keeps killing you you’re now throwing p much by not switching to a support where he won’t be able to pick you off so easily.

The problem with Doom is that his abilities are too forgiving, most of his abilities will hit you even when they shouldn’t. Seismic slam will hit you if you are off to the side of him, uppercut will hit you even if his fist doesn’t hit you in the animation, rocket punch will hit you even if you are to the side of him.

Not to mention that he has too much leeway in his rotation during abilities, he should have to commit to an angle of attack not be able to make last second decisions to turn completely to the side or to turn around during a punch.

Upper cut makes it so you have 0 mobility, yet now that they changed his shotgun blast it’s like being hit by a super accurate torb.

1 Like

Yeah. There was a change in early DF times, where they made hitbox of his rocket punch smaller, so players had to actually aim with it (which seems like a good thing, considering you are basically aiming a death sentence ability).

All bugs aside - it seems like for once, all those “pro gold DF players” coouldn’t grasp the concept that they can no longer instakill people by aiming on the empty air, so it was changed back.

#ForceDoomAimAgain

Yeah doom was more fair when his shotgun blast wasn’t insanely accurate. It’s a death sentence to get upper cutted now when you had the chance to survive before. I remember playing doom before his buffs and I could still kill people with his shotgun during an uppercut but people had a chance to survive which is fair.

The current hitbox isn’t even close to what it was originally.

1 Like

Well, from my experience of countless deaths, it is still pretty BS.

People will say that it has to hit you but it doesn’t, I have been cheesed countless time by each of dooms abilities that magically seem to hit you even when they shouldn’t.

There’s not any rational balancing here, these people just want him nerfed into the gutter so they don’t ever have to see him again, like back when he was bugged.

1 Like