Inability to spectate on xbox

The title says it all lol. I play on xboxS with my friends who mainly play on pc. They(pc) regularly spectate. Typically they just jump in and watch till a match is over then we group. However when i select their profile i get only 7 options; whisper, invite to group, view career profile, mute voice, squelch chat, remove friend, and report. In that order. There simply isn’t a spectate option. I asked my other xbox friend and he has the same issue. Im on the xbS and he has the xbX. Spectate is not something I personally have tried do too often so i dont know if i have ever had the spectate ability or not. I dont recall ever seeing it in my list, but i wasn’t really looking to be fair. I didn’t play overwatch 1 much at all, i started playing with 2. It also doesn’t matter if the target to spectate is on pc, ps, or xbox. I have friends that play on all platforms. Im unable to spectate anyone.

1 Like

I have the exact same issues, my friends play on PlayStation and are able to select ‘join game’ when they aren’t in my group however that button doesn’t exist for me and it’s annoying and frustrating as they need to send me an invite to their game in order for me to spectate

1 Like

I too have this issue along with not being able to see most of text chat

I hope this gets fixed. It been a year now and its incredibly annoying

Would love some feedback from a moderator as this is a common issue and still happening 4/27/24. Appreciate some feedback instead of being ignored, this is a functionality issue and should be addressed. Tyia.