In the lore Mercy doesn't have REZ!

What’s that supposed to mean? I could be pretty pissed off about it, but I’m not.

Don’t lie to me (we all know mercy is a ncromancer)

1 Like

I call her necromancer all the time XD tbh

1 Like

If lore translated to gameplay, Doomfist could level skyscrapers, Zenyatta wouldn’t have his discord and harmony orbs, and Bastion would be viable.

4 Likes

Zenyatta is actually unconfirmed on wether he has supernatural abilities or not.

I mean, it depends on what you consider the “resurrect” to actually be doing.

Considering there’s only a few seconds after “death” in which she can preform it, I’ve always assumed Resurrect was simply some higher tech version of CPR and/or defibrillation and she’s simply reviving them from whats essentially cardiac arrest.

4 Likes

In some interview Jeff said his discord and harmony orbs exist solely for gameplay reasons.

Probably because she’s an architect of light?

What about the iris ultimate or his ability to float along with the glowing orbs he shoots, i’m sure some of those are in lore at least.

Overwatch has lore? Well, I did hear D.va isn’t a starcraft pro anymore for some reason.

He was floating with his regular orbs in the Christmas comic, so those are confirmed. Not sure about the Iris though.

1 Like

I wish they would just dump a huge batch of lore one day to make up for how little there is.

2 Likes

Like, say, in a co-op campaign?

3 Likes

Yeah, and Waluigi will get into Smash Bros.

2 Likes

Yes, but knowing blizzard they’d only have it once a year for the anniversary event…

1 Like

We got Ridley so you never know, even if he is already an assist trophy.
(Hype for smash direct on Wednesday)

No need for that, we already have an event with two missions built in.

mercy’s rez is based on her lore of bringing genji back from the point of near death
inb4 ppl point out that it’s not the same, lore and actual game mechanics heavily defer like in genji’s cinematic genji deflects dragonstrike as when they’re already dragons while in game he can only deflect it while it’s still an arrow

They’ll have goku from dragon ball as a guest character before waluigi gets into smash bros (meaning never)

The key word in that sentence is blizzard.

1 Like

I don’t know, Sakurai Wah’blocked him pretty badly.

I mean, I just find it funny how Daisy got in before Waluigi (Not that I’m complaining, Daisy is best princess)

Everyone else will probably also get in before Waluigi because he’s never getting in as a playable character. Probably the same thing with Lyn too, but considering Fire Emblem Heroes has like 5 versions of Lyn, I can get around that.

1 Like

May not be in the lore but it is in the money makers aka merchandise