In the lore Mercy doesn't have REZ!

Why can’t Blizz just get rid of REZ entirely at this point? Maybe this is good opportunity?
Since in the lore there isn’t anything that claims Mercy is able to ressurect people?

I understand that rez is kinda iconic for Mercy, but she would be better without it.
Rez is unhealthy mechanic, especially for FPS game.

There are only 2 types of people playing Mercy:

• those who loves her and her core kit, flying from another to another, healing and damageboosting
  • those who play her only for rez and survability during her valk
    most-likely forced to play her

Wouldn’t be it good for the game and Mercy to just remove rez?

8 Likes

Lore does not equal gameplay!

33 Likes

What if she does have Res, but it’s only limited to a 10 seconds after death, similar to in game, so we never have had a chance to see it?

5 Likes

Symmetra created a bridge in her comic but she still doesn’t have a bridge ability.

22 Likes

She could have been able to create it.
Let’s not disscus Symmetra here, her rework is total failure. She deserves another threat.

1 Like

Hahaha, trust me I hate it too.

1 Like

There is nothing confirmed about mercy not having ress in lore (she’s secretly a necromancer)

Why would she waste time building a bridge when has a freakin teleporter.

6 Likes

No.

9 Likes

I am the first type of Mercy player and the only thing that bugs me about removing her rez is her resurrection highlight intro.

3 Likes

You’re missing the point. Purposefully, I believe.

Lots of heroes can do things that they can’t do in the game, and vice versa. The game is not an accurate representation of the lore: for one thing, members of Talon actively fight alongside Overwatch in every match and there are duplicate clones of the members on the enemy team.

This is just a “remove an ability I don’t like” thread poorly disguised.

9 Likes

Which is being avoided by her teammates like 90% of the time, deploys too long, is so obvious that you can’t flank with it, people automatically start to destroy it whenever they get to see it.

because it looked badass.

2 Likes

Mass ress with los checks and no invincibility with valkyrie as a little ability that last for 3 seconds (give or take) on a 15/20 second cooldown would be best for mercy.

And they’d need to make her heal 60 per a second again.

7 Likes

Ok. therefore suffer from never ending Mercy’s nerfs, i guess

It doesn’t show she can use a beam or a gun

2 Likes

There is nothing that confirms she does have rez in lore.

Outside the lore, the devs have stated that not all abilities are canon, and cited rez specifically as an example.

I’m actually okay with the nerf they currently have on the PTR (along with most of the other support changes). I’m not thrilled with it, but I am okay with it.

1 Like

Of course you are, how could you not to be
Prepare for another one, cause nerf on the PTR doesn;t solve anything

1 Like

There is revive in other FPS though?

3 Likes