In PvE you have your teammates' health in the upper left hand corner

Not really, most game sense is about predicting the enemies next move and ult combos, teammate health is really only useful for supports and even they can see who needs healing already. You can already see teammate health by enabling health bars and can see their exact ult charge in the menu, so why not have an option to make seeing it easier. You can disable it but it’s there for those that want it.

3 Likes

Tab doesnt show HP, just ult charge and zens UI update is just for him and kinda lame.

Knowing when your team is in danger is skillful and requires games sense, giving someone an easy answer is just reducing the amount of awareness you need.

What isn;t skillful is giving everyone stuff for free so they don’t have to improve to perform better.

1 Like

You can see HP by enabling health bars already

Also seeing your teammates’ ult charge is already available, but it’s uncomfortable to use, not skillful.

Having information there, easy to access makes it so you can actually focus on performing better.

I don’t have a problem with that. You make it sound objectively bad.

i dont think pressing tab to see ult charges requires some skill xD
its just annoyng

yes and that requires you to keep an eye on your team, you can just look forward and know, look around and be aware, a UI requires glancing up, it’s just lazy.

Performance is based off knowing where and what status your team is and the enemy, with this feature you cut out a large part of that.

1 Like

Then what about the ult charge?

why is this not important in PvE though?

1 Like

Because it’s a different style of play against mindless bot that will act a certain way most of the time, people are unpredictable and that second you lose track can turn into an enemy advantage.

To be fair it is kinda lame, just like seeing an enemies ult when you die to them. You should be communicating to plan things not just, TAB oh okay lololol.

Just my opinion on these subjects, but OW gets lamer and lamer because they just keep on spoon feeding everything.

1 Like

Then I assume you play with your HUD off?

Might as well after saying this.

1 Like

from an outsiders perspective, there is generally no discernable difference

not as much as you portray. nevertheless, your reason doesn’t equal remove team status from UI

In 2017, I designed this concept! In my mockups, it is mid-right instead of top left. Also, their design for ammo/health display is nearly the same as mine except theirs is horizontal and mine was vertical. Check it out (copy imgur link in post): Overwatch Forums

1 Like

we’re not worthy! we’re not worthy!

where is the health bar? I only see “damage.”

and here’s why I’d prefer instead of a “kill feed”

I’d prefer six little red dots and six little blue dots. these dots would closely mimic the tab screen

If you have to equate knowing your own status, to knowing everyone stats, to have an argument. as long as everyone is on the same level playing field. Otherwise I am gonna use everything everyone else is.

I just simply don’t want the game dumbed down anymore.

Thats fair hahaha (I also appreciate the sass, it’s good to have critical convo’s and joke a bit too.)

Not saying they should, just don’t want it in PvP. Don’t really care about PvE after 3 years of the same events, just no hype left in me for it.

1 Like

Health bar is left of the crosshair. Ammo meter is right of the crosshair. This is the same as Half-Life 2’s crosshair.

1 Like

noice!

here’s my argument: until they give us all this QoL for the LFG they owe us every conceivable convenience that simulates playing with 5 of your best friends. I.E. minimaps for tanks, health bars for allies off screen etc etc etc.

so fine, don’t give me what the post asks for but at least give me a useful LFG

I would love for a useful LFG, It only effects play as far as grouping normally.

But they don’t owe anyone anything. I get thats your opinion and that fine, I just want the challenge, not easy answers. Like I love brig as a character, but she hecked this game up bad for an easy flanker answer, then after look what happened… It’s awful… She’s been Mercy’ed …

come on now, would you be more affable had I used the word “disservice?”

you could always turn your FPS down if you’d like a challenge. I understand how if I have ally health bars you need them too. fine, make Overwatch for Virtual Reality. I’d feel more inclined to swing me head to look behind me than move my mouse. Perifocal vision is not done properly in Overwatch.

how’d we start talking about hero balance lol

My bad, I normally take people at their word in text since it’s easy to misinterpret people…

Easy answer to things.

Brig is the poster girl for why we shouldn’t just hand out easy answers to anything, the state she put the game in, just an example.

Then I felt bad for her

I feel bad for brig too.

they went from No Limits to one hero limit; and from one hero limit to role queue. All in the pursuit of balance. A game can only take so many bandaids.

this is the correct way to balance the game imho, it just wouldn’t sell very well. How to Perfectly Balance the Game