In defense of notorious "Mercy mains"

I’m not generalizing, at this point it’s not even about what’s in the topic itself, you just can’t create so many topics about Mercy on a daily basis. It’s spam, plain and simple.

You pretend 80% are constructive criticism or questions, where did you find that number? I could very well say that 80% of them are the exact same post written differently (and that would actually be more close to reality than your assessment I’d wager).

You’re not the only people on the forums, stop ruining them for everyone else because of your feelings.

I highly suggest you stop patronizing people, it’s not healthy.

1 Like

So you want them to shut up and accept the monster that Blizzard created from the Mercy for them? I’m sorry, this isn’t how it works. I think you need to calm down.

2 Likes

I just want people to stop ruining the forums for others which is against the CoC. If you guys are too selfish to do that you shouldn’t even be here.

1 Like

I’ve spent 2 years waiting for Reinhardt bugs to be fixed and to be discussed by the developers, but hardly got anything except more bugs, silence, vague developer comments, and empty promises. I also play Ana and spent over a year feeling severely undermined.

Then there are countless other heroes that received a similar treatment, but the players who were annoyed by it weren’t near as vocal when compared to the Mercy topic. Through all of that, I felt like a good chunk of the Mercy players showed little to no sympathy for their fellow players who were also going through similar things. I am not saying ALL of them, just a big percentage.

What I am trying to say is: we all need to work together, not against each other. We all have gone through very similar treatments, and this isn’t some kind of competition of “who has it worse”.

We need to respect each other. It’s fine to disagree but some people derail it and it just starts to get patronizing and insulting. THAT’S when both parties need to work together to nip it.

Also, there’s the right way to bring up topics, then there’s the wrong way. People respect the people who can address topics in a well-constructed, polite manner. Although I don’t 100% agree with everything they say, Titanium is a good example of someone who can present a good topic without making unnecessary jabs at the playerbase.

7 Likes

The forum needs more people like you and less people like Nuu.

3 Likes

Not Really XP

Useful feedback, actually. The only Spam is the constant “Stop making Mercy threads”.

7 Likes

Thanks! Sometimes I think people get offended just when there’s a disagreement. It’s ok to have conflicting viewpoints, it’s literally a part of life. I also think it’s important that when a disagreement is happening, not to get condescending with one another; that ALWAYS results in anger from both parties.

3 Likes

I said both sides need to stop… Oh whatever, you guys made me regret coming to the forums everytime for the past few weeks.

I can’t even find a decent topic anymore about heroes I’m interested in but who cares, it’s all about Mercy and some people feeling ignored.

That’s why we can’t have nice things, people end up ruining them.

Keep spamming and upvoting each other, it’s all you can do instead of trying other characters or to get better.

1 Like

Already showed it wasn’t spam.

I play Mercy because I enjoy her core gameplay, and for nostalgia. I play games to have fun, which, currently, Mercy is not. I don’t want to just ”play another character”. I want to play a consistent, universal healer who’s whole purpose is to assist her team.

4 Likes

Speaking of heresy …. :expressionless:

The forums in a nutshell…… :frowning:

All you really had to say is this. There is no reason to hate on people just because they enjoy a character. Hate the character all you want, but it’s always crossing the line when you hate on players. Anyone who does that, well their opinion is automatically made ignorable because they’ve demonstrated they can’t participate in reasoned discussion.

3 Likes

You showed nothing, it’s spam, it’s written black on white in the CoC :

• Making non-constructive posts :ballot_box_with_check:
  • Creating threads for the sole purpose of causing unrest on the forums :ballot_box_with_check:
  • Numbering a thread, IBTL, TLDR, or any other fad statements :ballot_box_with_check:

You like to play only Mercy, fine but you’re not the only players on these forums, not everything has to be about Mercy because Overwatch isn’t only about her. If you don’t want to play another character which is a key feature of the game aka flexing or you don’t like Mercy anymore, then I suggest you find another game, you’ll do everyone a favor, including yourself.

1 Like

Did you… not read, what I posted? Here:

Forum Moderator (You know, the ones who made and enforce the CoC… XP) saying that useful feedback consists of the Mercy posts, as they are saying “Hey, I don’t like this. Mercy has been drug through tar, feathers, hot coal, and then put through a meat grinder. I feel like (idea, be it Revert/something new) would be better.”

3 Likes

Again, you’re not on topic, feedback is fine, spam is not.

Just because it’s feedback doesn’t mean you get to create 30 topics a day about it.

Stop using excuses and own up to your behavior.

1 Like

It is very on topic…
I have literally show to you, twice now, that it is not spam.

Um, Yes? General discussion is meant for feedback and all things pertaining to Overwatch as a whole. Be it 4 or 400, it’s still not against the rules to post feedback.

I’m not using excuses, I’m using my brain to interpret given information to come to a logically sound conclusion. It’s rather fun! XP

1 Like

Let’s agree to disagree, keep ruining the forums for everyone else, once you’ve driven everyone away it’ll just be some vocal mercy players liking each other and screaming into the void. Surely that’ll be fun.

The “Mercy spam” isn’t 2-3 forum users making topics nonstop.

It’s thousands of unhappy players making a single thread expressing their grievance once in a while.

That’s not spam. That’s a common complaint, and a sign that a part of the game needs fixed.

5 Likes

Are there really that many Mercy mains here? :o

I could believe it. Mercy has always been the most popular character on the forums, even on the old forums. At one point, there were three of me. XP

I’m the only one left, now…

I miss them…

1 Like

First rule of message boards: if the mods don’t delete something, it’s not spam. Your backseat moderating won’t change anything.

5 Likes