IMPORTANT REMINDER! Unclaimed Overwatch League Tokens and Homestand Codes expire New Year's Day!

Hello everyone,

This is an annual reminder that any Overwatch League Tokens Rewards and Drops that are unclaimed will expire on January 1st, 2020 at Midnight PST. This also includes any 2020 Homestand Spray Bundle codes (batch 1 and batch 2). This means you have through Thursday to redeem any promotional codes on the Blizzard Code Redemption or log into your game client to receive any tokens from watching Overwatch League streams on OverwatchLeague.com from the season earlier this year.

What you need to do!

Stream Drops

To claim any tokens earned from watching Overwatch League streams, simply log onto the Overwatch Game Client. Please note the last Overwatch League eligible match was on October 10th, 2020. If you have played Overwatch at least once since that date you should already be good to go!

Promotional Codes

If you received any promotional redemption codes to receive tokens from a team-specific promotion, you need to redeem those codes via the Battle.net Shop. Note that OWL Token Promotional Codes are only good for the PC platform of Overwatch.

What about your existing Token Balance in the game?

Your current OWL Token Balance () that is currently displayed in the game is safe! These tokens will not go away because these tokens are already claimed. Only token drops or codes pending to be claimed will expire.

Does this affect Overwatch Contenders skins at all?

No, that promotion remains valid until December 31st, 2021 (next year), so any unclaimed skins will still be received if you have not logged onto Overwatch recently.

3 Likes

None of this really affects me, just bumping this so others can find it.

Indeed. This is more of a notice to not get people panicking if they see the official rules and think their OWL Token Balance is in jeopardy. The risk of losing tokens only matters if anyone has played Overwatch in the last three months. Sounds silly but last year there was someone who discovered their drops went missing because they did take break from the game.

1 Like

I would presume these all expire on 31/12. My email from Justice a few months ago had this:

Thank you for participating in the Washington Justice Homestand Spray Giveaway! Below is your code to redeem the Homestand Spray Set #1 for Overwatch PC. You can redeem the code on the BattleNet Launch Application on the Overwatch tab where it says “Redeem a Code”. The code expires December 31, 2020.

Bump for visibility. Good job Myst :+1:

Thank you that is extremely helpful information. I will now presume all Homeland spray codes will expire end of this year.

Now looking at three days remaining everyone. Remember, redeem your codes and log onto Overwatch to secure any owed tokens. You do NOT have to spend your tokens.

I didn’t even know token codes were a thing

Basically, if you follow each of the individual league teams on Twitter, you will often see small one-time fan participation contests ranging from the simple “Retweet & Share” to art contests. Here is one such example:

hi I redeemed them before the deadline but I lost them so what do I do to get them back? Also I got the owl rewords from the final but have now lost them like I lost the owl tracer skin both white and grey what do I do?

Try to contact the Support:
https://eu.battle.net/support/en/help/product/overwatch

When does OWL return? and will we get token drops this year as well

You should not have lost them, the only thing I can think of is of you are a console player and unlinked your console account from the BattleNet account you earned those rewards from. Re linking to the same BattleNet fixes this issue.

Overwatch League is said to return in April. Details on rewards is coming later.

hi thank you i have tried this and everything seems to be fixed thank you :grinning:

Glad to hear it! Hope you look forward to the start of the new OWL season.

1 Like