Im tired of Healers Playing Victim

The problem is supports are healbots which is blizzards fault. Not healing by “playing how we want” is quite literally the definition of throwing. Do that in my game and you’re banned

1 Like

Blizzard didn’t specifically say healer, it’s a support class, capable of doing more damage than half the dps line, did you know, per bullet, Mercy, Lucio, Zen, and Ana all do more damage than Soldier? They all have unique abilities that are meant to compliment team composition, not just stand and healbot.

This just isn’t true, Blizzard has no clear rules on how each hero should be played, but simply a list of what they are capable of doing, and what abilities they have. By “playing how we want” is what us, the players, have determined how each hero should be played, what you might see as throwing, another person is trying their hardest to help the team.

The most this says is you’ll report, because someone isn’t playing how you want. Not to mention, threatening to “ban someone” could also be considered gamemaster impersonation, you have absolutely no way of “banning” a player outside of using the automated report system.

2 Likes

Are you illiterate? Read my post

3 Likes

That entire post is theoretical, hypothetical, and full of conspiracies, none of it has any actual proof, nobody from Blizzard confirmed or denied anything said in it, therefore, is all nonsense. I will admit I’ve read it, all of it, it was a very good read, but without actual proof ever being posted, it’s worthless.

2 Likes

You could not possibly have read my post, or you would know that begins with a lengthy, direct quotation from Scott Mercer, lead designer of Overwatch. My assertions are completely logical (and frankly simple) inferences, based on Scott’s words. I don’t know what other kind of “proof” you are waiting for.

Years after the original post, I don’t expect a response from Blizzard. But I do expect players to think for themselves, instead of repeating corporate double-think.

1 Like

I’ve been reading it since it was made, not once has ANYONE from Blizzard actually confirmed or denied anything posted in it, everything in that thread is “based on Scott’s word” but again, he didn’t directly post in said thread, ever. Everything in the thread is all hearsay, until someone from Blizzard confirms any of the points made in that thread, it’s all hypothetical, theoretical, and conspiracies made up by the general population here on the forums.

And to that point, Blizzard has not, and as you said, probably will never, comment on anything there. Players thinking for themselves is fantastic, but there is no proof anywhere that your thread is correct.

1 Like

Cool. They also do 4x less damage per second than a soldier
Supports are healers because blizzard isn’t smart enough to design a support that doesn’t focus on healing besides zen
Also no not playing how I want you to play isn’t bannablw but that’s ez avoids
You referenced not healing as a support which is literally throwing

Playing a game you purchased in the way YOU want to play it, isn’t throwing, everyone is free to play how they want, that’s like saying the Soldier that’s incapable of killing a Pharah is throwing, no, he’s not, he’s just not good at it. Once again, playing poorly is not throwing, choosing not to heal someone IS NOT throwing, Rein not holding his shield up isn’t throwing, although frowned upon.

1 Like

there’s literally no reason to spam “i need healing” unless you’re trying to wind the healers up, you need to grow up and realise this is the consequence of your own actions, act like a moron and there’s only so much people will tolerate

4 Likes

That is throwing. Doing something that hurts your team purposely is considered gameplay sabotage. It doesn’t matter if you bought the game, so did other people.

1 Like

Blizzard doesn’t respond to posts on these forums. Their silence is not “proof” that I am wrong; if anything, it’s probably an indication that I’m right.

Once again, playing poorly, or not the way your team wants you too, isn’t throwing. Jumping off the cliff, walling people in spawn as Mei, purposely standing infront of teammates while facing them causing them to miss shots, I would say this is throwing. The point is, if someone doesn’t feel like healing you, doesn’t mean he/she is throwing, maybe they are healing other people, maybe they aren’t healing at all, who knows? But I already know you won’t understand what I’ve said here, as you only see poor gameplay as throwing, not that maybe he/she is having a bad game, new to the game etc.

1 Like

guys, we got a blizz employee with proper powers! be aware!

1 Like

I think people are just annoyed with supports who don’t actually heal their teams. I know they can put down some damage in their own right nor am I saying that healers should just play mainly heals. However a lot of games I get into, I will hear “I’m a DPS support so don’t expect heals,” or if they don’t have mics you could be standing next to them with everyone else going hey I’m low can I get a quick heal. And they will completely ignore you. If you are one of those people please just play DPS…you are not a support.

I know supports who would heal up their team when they needed it and if we were fine on heals then they would join us in dealing damage and it helped out. I play DPS and it is a brain dead role, literally do damage, however with supports you have to be able to balance when you should be healing your team up and when you can just pop off with damage. It is a thankless job, but I don’t think it is awful to just heal up your teammates if they are right next to you begging you to heal them.

2 Likes

Or perhaps they finally realised, that killing in this game is stronger, than anything support can provide.

It’s less about balancing between damage and healing, it’s about maximising “power output” of your kit, and since healing is always weaker, than killing…

“Ze healing is not as rewarding, as ze hurting” - TF2 medic. Make supporting team more rewarding, than shooting enemies, and you get more people willing to heal their team.

2 Likes

I have found that not healing players whom dont perform results in wins more often than not.

1 Like

#Endhealbottingin2021

2 Likes

Me getting both of my accounts to diamond is luck too, I know It’s not nearly as impressive as bronze from top 500 but still, gj my man.

Depends how and why you ask. Sometimes I hear need healing and it’s someone I wasnt aware of and those times I don’t mind, but if your asking before the match starts because you don’t like my pick, or your just impatient (as in I’m barely spawning or I’m doing something else) then I’ll spam no to mess with you. Ultimately I’ll heal you when I’m able to however since you’re still on my team, and I think most players would do the same otherwise they’d literally be throwing.

« Per bullet » u sur have no idea how damage per seconds work right ?

1 Like