I'm sorry Blizzard, but this wasn't very smart

Before I start getting flagged for this, just hear me out. Not everyone has the greatest wifi around, I top off at 120 kps for download speed and that’s if nothing else is using wifi. Now I don’t mind big updates, except if they’re at the start of a limited time event.

Not only will this update take me 2 days, but I also have work to do which leaves me pretty tired and sore afterwards. Now some might say to just play on the weekends, but again not everyone can do that.

What would’ve been smarter was to put the ptr updates in at some point last week or even waited. 21 gig is almost the size of the game, the only game i’ve had that had such a big update was DOOM and that took weeks to download.

Sorry for venting, but please in the future be more mindful of the time and dates of updates.

11 Likes

This patch is going to slow down at times, because it is installing data before it continues. Details:

2 Likes

My internet tops off at 6 Kb/s on Battlenet, but Steam downloads at 6 Mb/s.

mine is downloading at the same speed it does for everything, it hasn’t slowed down as of yet.

Sorry I misread your post, expect some slowdowns then, however they could not set up a background update this time as it needs to actively install as it downloads, otherwise you would not be able to play before this patch went live.

I’m on Ps4
(10 characters required)

1 Like

Sometimes you just gotta do a big patch. Developers aren’t magicians.

2 Likes

Same here.
just keep downloading, its because its installing files or because the servers are full.
either way it will download eventually

WIFI, gaming, :joy:

Someone said they play using their phone’s internet!

1 Like

Which means it does the full reinstall+a new patch download???

Yeah but why today when everybody wants to play the event? First day is cancelled for people with slow connection.

3 Likes

In my case, two days cause download says it’ll take 49 hours.

Let’s just say, Jelly is very annoyed. They seriously couldn’t let us do this last night😂

4 Likes

I’ve been in class all day with 0 chance to start this update early. Looks like I won’t be playing at all today… :confused:

Im not sure about that but all i know is that my is already playing and im on 0 B/s.
just be patient

I have 50Mb connection and it still takes forever.

Sorry, I wasn’t bashing on you man. Battlenet bugged a lot for me since I started using it back in the Diablo 3 purchase days.

You could take your ps4 into the room with the router and connect directly with ethernet just for special instances like this (or alternatively buy a really longer ethernet cable for these kinds of occasions). It’s annoying to do but probably faster overall than waiting on wifi.

Alternatively if you haven’t tried it out yet, you can get a powerline adapter. That’s what I use and my connection speeds are great, though I caveat it won’t work in all houses.

lol its fine.
just checked online apparently alot of people have this exact problem, the only solution is to wait.

I’m gonna try the Ethernet, not just for this, but also just for faster downloads in general