I'm really, really tired of alt accounts

“we all know”… a feeling isn’t proof.

If I am to report someone for something, I want proof.

Which is why I am asking what you had that was hard proof of the crime you claim?

If someone gets a new account, levels it trying to win games, then does placements trying to win, and keeps trying to win till they climb to wherever they end up… that isn’t smurfing. That is just someone doing what everyone else is trying to do.

1 Like

Lol, keeping being malicious and duplicitous. It’s a good look.

that smug aura of false doubt.

Reminded me of Ukraine recently

“Prove I didn’t bomb those civilians. Did we see the missile come from Russia” - Actual thing that happened recently.

10 Likes

I am not being smug. I am asking a question.

You lower the defensive walls a little and have a conversation with me, we will be good.

1 Like

My former friends smurfed all the time. Streamers do it constantly. People even openly brag about it in chat. You can choose to live in denial, but I doubt you’re even fooling yourself

12 Likes

You don’t want a conversation, you want to deny the reality of the situation. And are using false doubt to do so.

And this is the crux of it. Bad faith arguments.

6 Likes

I am 100% aware that smurfing happens, and when found they should be banned.

What I am asking is what proof did you have. Gut feeling because you got out played isn’t really proof of anything.

Problem is, someone sees a low level account playing well and immediately cry smurf. When in fact they are just going through the ranking process like the rest of us.

1 Like

It’s really absurd at this point. Yes, I do have alt accounts but stop playing on them.

2 Likes

There is no proof that would ever suffice by your obscenely high bar of evidence. Guess I have to go into their IP and check all accounts working on that address?

3 Likes

I don’t think it’s that deep hun

1 Like

Yes there is. You are just being deliberately obstructive now.

Why would more accounts be an issue. You can smurf with just 1 account.

This is the problem. People rarely know what the issue actually is, let alone how to identify it and deal with it.

Someone smurfing needs to be banned. But getting angry about it and offering no valid suggestion as to how it is spotted isnt helpful.

1 Like

I am not sure what there can be for a player to find. This is something only the devs would have access to.

Now there are solutions for smurfing if Blizzard ever want to stop smurfing.

Use Tinman.Api will lock 1 account per computer. If anyone wants another account they would need another computer. That way players don’t need to be detectives to figure out who is smurfing.

True they can smurf on their main account. For that I am not sure what other solutions can be used. I guess mass reporting for gameplay sabotage.

Thats a solution. But will punish mostly innocent players.

:wink: Not saying there are smurfs/alts in every game, but if in one of 50 (or 100) games a duo (par ex) absolutly destroys the other team, sometimes I simpley will ask them after the match.

A few times I got a polite answer like “Ah, yes man. Sorry, I’m helping/playing with my lower friend (the Mercy/Ana :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:). GG.” :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Personally I see no valid reason for having another account. What can be done on another account that cannot be done on their main account?

5 Likes

Changed achievements? :grin: :wink:

1 Like

That is your opinion. As I said up there, I have 2. One for EU and one for NA

People can spend their own money how they wish.

As long as they are playing to win, they are doing absolutely zero wrong.

I think they are messing with other people’s games even if they are trying to emulate youtubers unranked to GM challenges.

Quickly blowing through lower ranks does not maker lower ranks games better for the people playing at those ranks.

7 Likes

They really aren’t, but I doubt I can convince you otherwise.

A GM player won’t place lower than about 2700, most times it will be closer to 3200, and they will be high masters in less than 30 matches.

If you are getting rolled, instead of crying smurf… why aren’t you questioning yourself as to why you aren’t able to play that well.

30 matches is 10 hours worth of ruined games for the opponent… holy crap, not inclusing the matches ruined by placement with no MMR to create matches for them.

2 Likes

No. No games are ruined by someone playing to win.

You ruin your own games with poor attitude.

2 Likes