I'm hard stuck plat and need help

I’m an Ana/Lucio main in 2700 platinum on support and it’s extremely difficult to climb. I’ll pump heals into our Reinhardt and sometimes even get a pick to start off, but the rest of my team just sits there and it’s really frustrating. I’ve been doing all the tips I’ve found helpful on sites like GameLeap like throwing biotic grenades more at the enemies than yourself to get more value out of it, and utilizing speed boost more to get more value out of Lucio, but my team doesn’t push in or get kills and I end up being stuck. Can anyone give me tips for getting out of mid Platinum? It would be really appreciated.

Story time back in season 9 I was hardstuck plat lucio onetrick. Season 10 I started playing more characters and two important things happened:

My general gamesense increased and I discovered a hero that I was really really good at but never tried. I hit diamond that season.

In my opinion everyone on this game has one character that just clicks for them and they are able to climb past their peak most easily with.

Now that very well could be Ana or lucio for you but in my experience it could be a hero you don’t play much and just haven’t made that discover yet.

Hope that helps.

You dont need tips, you need soomeone to look at your gameplay and tell you what you do wrong.

2 Likes

I think you are bit tilted now and don’t see a big picture, what really happens in your games. I recommend to post 2-3 replay codes about your last games and maybe some ~Master+ support main can help.

As a heads up, Ana kinda rough to play in this meta I think. Gonna have to hop on dat Moira train…

Honestly I second this. There’s a discord comprised of some of the forum community with some Plat/Diamond/Masters/GM support players in… Maybe they’ll do a review for you…

You can try doing what I do… Pick a teammate or two and try to synergize with them, I’m assuming you do a little with Ana/Lucio, but Baptiste is also a strong support for the Zen auto locks or mercy 1 tricks. And the immortality field is an extra second to try and help the tanks.

2 Likes

I’d help. Post a replay code ill check it out later.

Unless speaking of gm, ana is doing good she is the only support that can play in any meta but goat.

1 Like

I thought Ana gets focused too hard in rush down comp?

Well yes. But people can’t dive unless a duo of tank or dps. Other than that ana kit is pretty good for countering it. Yes moira is better but ana still works.

1 Like

I mean, as long as your team peels it should be fine. I’m just assuming he’s having trouble making notable impact or his team isn’t backing him :woman_shrugging:t2:

Need the replays to find out…

But even in the instances where ones team isn’t helpful/supportive, one must look for individual opportunity to secure success :point_up:t3:

Which “I think” is why everyone says focus on your own gameplay

Mostly that. You also need to focus on adapting to enemy and team.

1 Like

Which is why I suggested picking 1 or 2 teammates to decidedly work with (you don’t have to tell them this, the hero pick alone is indicative).

1 Like

Use your nano like a cooldown, the second you get nano in a fight nano the strongest target, it will win the fight

Do you use comms? Sometimes that can be the difference maker that helps you bust through ceilings.

I know its not fun…but if you feel like youre doing well enough mechanically and game sense wise…look to start using comms.

2 Likes

This in my experience is a really strong option. There’s full solo queue, full 6-stacking, & then this. Small coordinated groups can work really well, sometimes even better than full comm’d teams depending on the players.

Two or three great players can be a strong force because you’ve got a significant portion of your team working in a coordinated & efficient fashion. It can make it really easy for the other 3-4 to notice the contribution & the manner in which it’s happening & actually work with it without requiring a heads up. When good players run into each other, they can communicate really well just through their actions & how they play together.

3 Likes

This honestly has a significantly higher impact than smurfs in my experience…

Your team comes off as a smurf crew because you’re just synergistic and coordinated…

1 Like

The amount of times I or my team have been called smurfs because we had the capability to combo ults. Especially hilarious when we combo by accident.

2 Likes

Focus more in killing enemies than healing teammates.
You focus on healling teammate when he is proven to utilize your heals. Healing teammate who dies few seconds later doing stupid thing is waste

Especially since you play Ana, she can deal with many dps heroes on her own.

1 Like

Its hard to give you tips that you would benefit from since we dont know your issues. Generally I would say make sure you are aware of your surroundings, the reason why widow feels broken in lower ranks is because she punishes unawareness which plat players lack. Also biggest tip I will ever give you that helped me climb, every overwatch youtuber you know (most the big ones) including game leap is riddled with misinformation.

look at it this way…it could be worse. you could be stuck in no cares to give gold. who knew the average player preferred fun over winning; no wonder people don’t want to have kids these days.

Gotta say, I’d be very cautious on how you utilize this suggestion. Certainly the difference between plat and diamond is making a play for your team but team sustain is still your primary function.

This is just not correct though… If I’m DPS and I’m off-angling, I may encounter a situation that I can win but not without team sustain.

Healing a teammate is not a reward of performance, you do your job and enable me to do mine.