I'm getting a lot of flack for playing Bastion and a scoreboard would help curb toxicity

A scoreboard won’t tell you how many impact plays have been made, which is the most important thing to worry about while playing. Shutting down ults, isolating and countering the people on the opposing team that are their largest contributors, effectively combo’ing things with your team, etc. Raw data tells you nothing about this stuff.

I’ll take the guy with bronze/no medals that is making the plays when they count over the Winston that brags about having 4 golds while feeding all game, for example.

Additionally, I’m not unblocking my profile for you. It’s pretty clear you don’t understand that raw stats are incapable of telling the entire story of a match, and given that my entire point is that the stats are flawed, I see no reason to unblock a profile to give you the stats you’re seeking. I’m ultra-low Diamond after playing a few comp games this season (first time I ever broke into it). If you don’t want to take my word for it,that’s your prerogative, but my profile has nothing to do with the validity of the claim being made.

2 Likes

You’re all story and no answers.

If that’s the stance you want to take, more power to you. Best wishes in your climbing adventures.

1 Like

this post had nothing to do with SR.

If you wanna debate scoreboard validity, take it up with Seagull. Thanks for your effort.

Tactician is the new Cuthbert? The lack of logic is just…crazy.

1 Like

No, I said that it would be possible to provide a scoreboard with all of the quantifiable statistics in a game, but it would take up too much space for a single monitor and disrupt gameflow in the process. I also clearly stated that it would never be able to provide context. Your inability to distinguish statistics from context is yet another illustration of why a scoreboard would do more harm than good.

These are public discussion forums, you don’t get to dismiss me.

1 Like

Do you like Pharah? She’s easy wins with Mercy. I was climbing duoing with someone on my PC account doing that and my mouse aim was trash.

You just gotta know how to abuse cover from the air and understand where and when the enemy will be grouped up for big barrages. And use your position to control the enemy’s position.

Just be nice, conscious and appreciative of a support who pockets you and a lot of them will ask to duo with you.

1 Like

monitors can’t change the image, got it

You can troll and misquote me all you like, it only makes you look like a child who flips the game board when he realizes he’s lost.

if you ever change you mind about chatting on comms, let me knowv

This is your problem right here. You don’t need to rate anybody. Your underlying premise already promotes toxicity. Who cares if X player is better than Y player?

You telling them that they are the worst performing of the 6 players is going to do what exactly? Make them play better? Nope.
You knowing they are the worst player of the 6, but not saying anything does what exactly? Make you play better? Nope.

You are on the same team with the same objective. Just worry about what you can do to contribute to your team’s success and stop worrying about everybody else.

1 Like

no it doesn’t, coaches and teammates evaluate individual members of the team, that’s how it’s been, that’s how it’s always gonna be.

think about a scoreboard once guilds go live. sure in the random queue you might not be able to do that much with it. but at least all 5 teammembers willknow where the weak link in the chain is and adjust accordingly, consider if they didn’t have comms either, they would just play differently and not say anything.

talking about toxicity and scoreboards is interesting, but not relevant

And yet it’s literally in the title of your thread. So it’s not relevant when it someone else mentions it, only when you do. Got it. :+1:

1 Like

wanna talk over comms? I think the spoken words leaves less room for ambiguity.

Funny thing is, your own team can be screaming at you for being a throw pick at the same time that the other team is screaming at you for wrecking them.

I actually should be playing Bastion more, especially since the minor buff last patch that reduced his spread. Bastion is basically a less mobile Soldier with more sustained damage potential. Any time you pick Soldier, you should consider whether you really need Sprint. If you don’t, and you have a decent shield tank, Bastion could be the superior pick.

1 Like

that’s what I’m saying, I don’t think people at my level really can say if Bastion is good or not, I know I can’t. That’s why if they saw I had gold dam and elim by a wide margin, they might hush up :slight_smile:

It’s just the way it is with off-meta heroes. A scoreboard would only cause people to say that you’re doing well despite your throw pick. There’s no way out.

Even if hiding behind top damage can still be attacked, I would still do it.

“Get off Bastion!”
would be met with,
“The scoreboard disagrees with you.”

and if the damage were gold and high enough above silver, I bet others on the team would stick up for me too