I'm getting a lot of flack for playing Bastion and a scoreboard would help curb toxicity

the other stats you speak of would be on the scoreboard too. also, heave damage on the tanks distracts the healers for easier picks on the squishies. unblock your profile

Your scoreboard would take up so much space to display all of the stats you suggest tacking on that it would require 3 monitors to display without looking like white noise. People would spend more time trying to find their relevant stats than playing the game.

And it still wouldn’t provide context.

I don’t really play the game any more, so it’s cool.

Why are you trolling? You can’t be “getting a lot of flack [sic] for playing Bastion” and not playing.

I was actually watching my neighbor play overwatch, he was getting a lot of flack and I didn’t want to call him out, thanks

bastion is a turret, for sure youll get gold damage and kills, but youll die as fast as you have those medals if there is good counterplay.

1 Like

if I die a million times and have gold dam and elims, they should be looking at the other DPS unless it’s a tracer harassing the people coming back from spawn etc

Maybe things goes badly because you playing a sub-optimal hero in situations where you should play something else if winning is what you are after? Just sayin’…

Bastion kind of force the team to play around him and on top of that, he have huge damage output potential so it would be rather weird if you didn’t have gold elims/damage when playing him. For example, if a Zenyatta outheals a Moira the Zen isn’t doing great but rather the Moira that doing a rather poor job, now if that same Moira have gold damage that could be because well? People not getting the heals needed and therefore dying making it rather easy for the Moira to achieve that. That’s why context is important and medals don’t say much at all.

1 Like

this is a great reason to have a scoreboard, it would be easier to tell if the Moria was DPSing too much.

think about an OWL coach and team members. You don’t think they go over stats? When I ask for a scoreboard, I’m not asking people to be blind to context. I’m just saying now they can use stats and context. And if someone doesn’t pay attention to context, they do so at their own peril. And if you think toxicity will foster because of a scoreboard, the same could be said for not having a scoreboard.

What are you going to do if the Moira is DPSing too much? You’ve already said that you’d blame them, but practically, what are you going to do? You can’t force them to do anything. The only thing you can actually do (besides abuse them) is work around them. You do want to win, don’t you? Tilted teammates perform worse, it is known. A scoreboard will only add toxicity, it won’t solve problems. You need to be the change you want to see in the Overwatch world.

edit sorry, “your neighbor.”

1 Like

My point is that K/D alone don’t really determine how useful you are, especially not with a hero like Bastion. You can’t really shift the blame to someone else if losing because “you have gold!” since you are denying others from having better stats due to having to babysit you.

1 Like

they babysit me at their own peril, I have no control over what my 5 other players do. FYI, I’m generally fending for myself when I play bastion, I think, I can’t tell exactly what my teammates are up to, i’m not that good.

If I have better stats because the other DPS is being denied tanks and healing resources, then it’s not my fault.

I see what you’re saying, if the Tanks and Healers are going to be investing all their resources in me, I better be doing the dmg of 2 DPS. Well if they see on the scoreboard that my dps isn’t astonishing, they’d better stop babysitting me, no?

I’m going to switch to healer.

so you’re saying it is possible to provide a scoreboard that has context, all right thanks that’s all I needed from you. have a nice day

This is a terrible mindset to have. If you go in as Bastion and rack up some quick damage and a kill, but then are taken out, your team will have to retreat in a lot of scenarios. Heck, you can go in while your team is down a man to start with while teammates are waiting to regroup and pad your stats all day. Their stats can suck while you’re feeding simply because they don’t want to feed their brains out.

Scoreboards and medals can’t give you context, and in some contexts, having a ton of juicy stats is evidence of you playing poorly, not trying to carry.

Edit: And FWIW - there are plenty of scenarios where you might be the highest performing DPS legitimately, but you and your team will still be best off with you switching due to the impact your switch could make. If you care about climbing, that’s something you’ll have to take into consideration. Random people are typically obstacles you have to adapt to, and not great teammates there to help you out.

1 Like

I’m talking about once the match has progressed a little bit. Stats don’t mean very much in the beginning.

Even 3/4 of the way through a match, it’s possible for someone to have shiny medals and be a hindrance to their team. Medals are stats at a micro level, while wins and losses are determined at a macro level - often through actions that legitimately cannot be seen properly through a basic scoreboard.

Obviously, you’re free to do what you want, but don’t emphasize the raw stats so much in this game. It will only hold you back in the long run. I wish you the best playing Bastion if that’s the character you enjoy, but take a step back and review your contribution objectively when deciding if you should swap as a game progresses.

1 Like

this would be much more easier for me with a scoreboard and replay system.

The replay system would (assuming you’re capable of checking your bias and able to digest all of the information going on [even now, you could record your games]), but honestly, a scoreboard likely wouldn’t. A scoreboard isn’t going to tell you much more about your own performance than what your own stats/medals do currently. As frustrating as it might seem, when it comes to making progress as a player, your personal performance is the only thing you have control over. More stats would be great to have if you played with friends/a group consistently, but short of that, they really aren’t necessary.

That is to say, if your goal is to get better and/or climb (as opposed to playing what you feel like and always have fun), you don’t need to know what stats your teammates have. You simply need to become more aware of what’s happening in your matches and why those things are happening. When you understand that, you can more confidently and consistently make impactful plays for your team.

1 Like

I feel likw the lack of a scoreboard leads to even more toxicity. People just immediatly blame whatever the current stigma is whether it’s the lower rank player or off meta hero.

Oh, but never themselves.

1 Like

…without the aid of a scoreboard… can you please unblock your profile?

It’s a combination of both sides. Some people would be less toxic while others would use it to justify poor play and blame other people. I would prefer a scoreboard, but that’s 'cause stats are interesting, and not because I think it would actually be helpful for most people in OW.

1 Like