I'm expecting fundamental changes to core gameplay timers

Things like respawn and match timers, objective cap/payload speed, massive changes to 2CP, etc.

Hero bans has been debunked, and a new hero or major rework or something isn’t going to change enough to justify the excitement we’ve been seeing. They’ve commited to making faster balance changes, so that would imply less dramatic ones, so I don’t think that’s it either. That leaves map changes, which are costly to do (but not impossible), and major timer changes, which is easy to change, test, and implement, and can have enough effect to justify all the buildup.

1 Like

I saw one suggestion to cut down the downtime before matches, especially in QP. I feel like that could be interesting. Maybe it masks some load times tho.

What do you think about some system to maintain ult charge between switches? I don’t think a 1 to 1 conversion is smart, but seeing as heroes already have different charge rates, I could see some sort of weighted conversion being a thing. Seeing as the game is designed with counters in mind, allowing players to maintain some energy between switches would encourage more varied play, and could create new rhythms in battles.

I just posted something similar. This is my theory as well

One thing to note is that he specifically put emphasis on the fact that it’s an “actual system” so while changes like these are possible I think it’ll be something more ‘concrete’