I'm 1950sr. How much SR do you think I could gain if started a team with me and 5 other Plats (2950sr)

I’ve played with friends in mid-high silver and low gold on a high plat account before. It’s incredibly difficult to carry them.

Here’s the problem, you’ll be playing around high gold on average. A high plat player is generally not absurdly better than a high gold player, so while the plat’s may be slightly better than 6 enemies, you’re going to be substantially worse than 6 enemies.

Unless the Plats aren’t actually plats, and are, say, diamonds; or they spend the entire game baby-sitting you, you aren’t going to climb nearly as much as you think you will.

5 Likes

Assuming the “2950 SR plats” actually know how to play, and aren’t just boosted onetricks, I honestly think you could all breeze to diamond.

The metal ranks are all about the grind. If you know how to play and are willing to grind it out, you’ll climb to diamond. Even better when playing in a team, if you can get your coordination and strats in order, and have that much time to devote to playing together, night after night. Sounds like real Overwatch!

1 Like

I’ve six stacked on and off since season three and the first season your stack you will lose more then you win, the next season or two will be SR catch up and then you still start climbing, some of the other 6 stacks will have been doing it for a long time, but i recommend doing it if you can.

I’ve tried, Lord knows I’ve tried… to carry on

a gathering of angles appeared above my head :musical_note:

It’s really hard to get 6 people together at the same time, I feel like you need at least 12 people that want to 6 stack and MAAAABY once a week you’ll be able to run a whole six stack. I’ve been doing it since season 3 and in all that time I’ve only been able to run a 6v6 scrim once.

I refuse to use discord.

I’ve downloaded it twice and never got into a room despite multiple invites. (if discord takes more than 2 minutes to figure out, I don’t want to be a part of it)

I fully understand I may be missing on some great coordinated team games, but that’s a consequence I’m willing to accept…anyway…

it I had all this QoL, I’d never use matchmaker again. QoL for the LFG

So you think you would gain +600 SR while your 5 friends would all lose -200 SR? How does that even make sense?

To your question. I don’t think you would gain anything because you’d be pretty heavy weight in a high plat game and if your friends are actually plat players they wouldn’t be able to carry your weight.

3 Likes

so on our first win I’d gain 25sr and they’d gain 15, then next we’d loose and I’d loose 15, and they’d loose 25

so you can see how I came up with my numbers

I’d have to see for myself. a silver mercy is with silver teammates is just a silver mercy, but a silver mercy with plat teammates has to be at least a gold, no?

Fixed it for ya. Plain and simple

4 Likes

hey, you never did answer the last question I asked you, you said my turn based scenario wouldn’t end in a draw, but never showed your work

Im too lazy and my notifications are totally bugged. I get a motification for any reply or post made in the competituve section

1 Like

ok

you know that scenario where I showed turn based DPS/HPS/Tanks etc…

I said it would end in a draw and you said it wouldn’t, do you remember that?

Like i said, im too lazy. Nor do i care enough if you cant see it

2 Likes

I’ll just assume you were making stuff up then. See you next time.

Do as you wish, but if you think so then you clearly have not thought about it very thoroughly, like most things

2 Likes

here it is right here

6v6 Turn based combat

Damage: 200hp, 1 point of damage per round
Support: 200hp, 1 point of healing per round
Tank: 400hp, 0.5 points of damage per round

it doesn’t matter which roles either team picks, this scenario will always end in a draw, no matter how many rounds your run it for

here’s the original scenario

show your work, don’t think you can waltz back in here

Fine then. 3 tanks and 3 healers vs 1 tank, 3 DPS, 2 supports. The damage of the first team is a total of 1.5 per turn, their healing is 3. The damage of team 2 is 3.5 per turn, with a healing of 2.

Team 1 is effectively taking .5 damage a turn while team 2 takes 0 damage as they can heal up all of the damage done

3 Likes

thank you sheesh, I’ll edit the original post

If humans were as deterministic as you make them out to be, if Overwatch was as symmetric as you seem to think it is… sure. Problem is you’re demonstrably wrong on both counts.

1 Like

It takes half a second of thought to prove it. Why should i bother to type it out if you won’t even do the thought yourself?

2 Likes