Illari skin (Sundown) is questionable?

illari’s one of her skins is called sundown which the design is okay at best its more of the name itself thats really questionable. The name sundown is very close to sundown towns comes from are all-[white] municipalities or neighborhoods in the [United States] that practice a form of [racial segregation] by excluding non-whites via some combination of discriminatory local laws, intimidation or violence. which is mostly gone in the United States but its still towns that are sundown towns. I think to avoid this her skin could of been anything else.

1 Like

Americans when they discover there are more countries other than the US :exploding_head:

4 Likes

americans when [ insert everything here ] :exploding_head:

1 Like

Pretty sure it’s because it’s sun themed and nothing to do with race

You know I also agree that people are overblowing the issue. Sundown is a term that has far more reaching meaning to most people as simply “the time when the sun goes down”, yes.

But also… it’s an American company. With a huge American fan base. It’s weird that people feel the need to snub us over things we’ve experienced. If they made something culturally offensive to another group outside the USA, they’d be railed for being stupid, culturally insensitive Americans. People can’t have it both ways.

1 day visited
<1 min read time
1 topic viewed
1 topic created
0 posts created

:thinking:

6 Likes

Americans when people snub them over things they’ve experienced :exploding_head:

jk

learn something every day i swear. i thought it just meant the sun is setting or the evening lol…

This is such a silly issue. I can bet for most folks the first thing they think of when they think of sundown is well the sun going down or the day ending, I doubt they are thinking of racial/segregation practices.

1 Like

Please, no.

1 Like