If your rank bronze and Bellow 800 SR

If your SR bellow 800 you will never ever to find a competitive match!
Not a single match!

2 Likes

This is not a bug, but if you really are at that low of a rank you will need to limit your Competitive Play sessions to peak times of play for your local time zone (I recommend 6:00 PM to Midnight for most areas). This is because the entire bronze skill tier only makes up about 3% of the population and its only a fraction of that below the skill rating of 1000 SR. Simply put there are not enough players at your rank to fill a match in many cases.

2 Likes

But in season 16 I had no issue to find games at all even at 3am!!

2 Likes

Season 17 was the last season to use a single Competitive ladder and there were no role restrictions so the matchmaker back then could put together any twelve players of a common skill range within a reasonable amount of time. The problem back then was players would often not cooperate with forming a reasonably stable team composition which is why the game introduced the role queue and 2-2-2 ruleset for Quick Play and Competitive Play. Unfortunately, this does significantly filter the available number of players based on who is queuing in specific roles which is what increases the queue times, especially for the damage role.

Again this is not a bug, but one of the consequences that skill level is subjected to.

2 Likes

So what to do now? should I play open rank or role rank? Who has more players?

2 Likes

Role Queue has way more players. It is the official balance queue.

There’s a reason why Open Queue has ‘inflated-SR’ issues. And it’s because the population size is very small there.

You can climb out of Bronze by getting free reviews from GMs & Top500s here:

There is no rank-shaming there.

Just post a Replay code & someone will review it.

1 Like

Imagine blaming devs for being ranked sub 800 lmao

Imagine not reading a 2 line post.

2 Likes