If you were to change 1 thing about Competitive, what would it be?

Hard one.

But I probably would choose Soloqueue.

Allow uneven matches for example six-stack vs 6 solo queues.

The fact that the MM prevents this is a cancer that stops people for grouping because they know they will be penalized for forming a team.

If it was possible to “exploit” the system by grouping everyone would do it, hence it would not longer be an exploit…

Low-priority queue for:
1-tricks (more than 70% playtime in comp)
Throwers (50 reports)
Leavers (5 games comp in a season)
Toxic players (50 reports)
False reporters (50 reports made falsely)
It would activate next season and only queue you with others in the queue for the whole season- if the stats changed you’d be let out next season.
The system now reviews your chat and text to see if you are being toxic and you are notified if reported so you can avoid false reports by reporting them back and triggering a system examination of the game in question.

Edit: Because it effects everyone below 3000 in the same way.

I would say Performance based SR, still, so as any role really, there is no better feeling than a team that gets a leader with good calls and having the team listen.

The problem is that the game pushes you towards a SR level based off of stats that get effected by good decisions, but I will explain.

So your tank is on comms, telling everyone their intentions clearly, so your entire team listens plays around it but sometimes that involves pulling back a giving space to try and hold a better position or just positions that work well for the rest of the team.

This causes lower damage because you are not as involved for periods of time.

Less healing because your team is playing behind a shield.

Less damaged blocked because you are not letting the team spam you from afar.

And less tracked abilities landed because of the above reasons.

(Really goes way beyond this)

Which means you get punished more and earn less for playing smart, this also unfortunately causes people to play worse because these stats get padded until they possibly reach a level where it doesn’t matter and even has an unforeseen effect of people developing habits that just don’t work when they get higher causing them to fall.

Just feels bad to finally get a good team and have it effect you negatively. I could really write a whole post on this… … … and might one day, but feel like it would just get ignored.

1 Like
  • Make it so I don’t get put with people who are massively below my LEVEL not SR. I almost have gold border but I’m getting put with bronze border smurfs? Surely that’s an easy fix.

• Give us more avoid player slots.

• Role select. Too many DPS in the game now which means as a tank main, i’m getting screwed over because it’s always 3 or 4 dps and one tank one healer which means I can’t produce for my team because I have no backup or heals.

• No penalty for staying as a team from solo que.

Add role q an harsher punshments

A soft role selection option. At least have 1 dps/tank/healer main is all I ask. I dont want forced 2/2/2.

This 100%

If at selection screen there isnt at least one support + tank + defence+ dps heroe, game doesnt start. Game is canceled like x minutes (maybe 2?) Of no consense in Champion selection.

Total nonsense. Separating dps into dps and defence and then force both, when 2 offense or 2 defense can work very well (2 offense was optimal for the longest time) is just misguided.

role select before you que

2 Likes

LFG chat rooms

No PBSR

No MMR

No CP

1 Like

I really disagree with, even if only like 1/10 games was against one of these 6 stacks it would just be random automatic losses based on the matchmaker instead of skill, a 6 stack should crush any random team within like 300 SR of were there so posed to be playing.

Of-course I realize alot of people wouldn’t be able to get a team, but how dose it have an negative effect on the normal comp games? Im sure people would still play plenty of normal comp, its not like any time a member of a team loggs in to play there gonna have 5 teammates on. I honestly think playing in a team league might be one thing that could help toxic players reflect and realize that working as a unit really boosts your chances of success

This could be wonderful, assuming the matchmaker can handle it, and also lets players who Qued as a specific role still switch roles if they need to. At the same time this may lengthen Q times for more popular roles, as in DPS, (see WoW), and boiling down the hero categories to tank/healer/dps is sort of inaccurate in this game. There are ups and downs, but in theory it can definitely fix some current issues.

I almost have gold border but I’m getting put with bronze border smurfs

Your level has nothing to do with your skill, adding level calculations to the matchmaker would both slow it down and have no real effect on the quality of your games. If you want you can just draw over all the borders with yellow sharpie on your screen, should be an equally effective fix.

For me, I would remove group-priority matchmaking. That would incentivize team play across all rank and help mitigate nearly all of the problems of Overwatch Competitive to where players have the option to not deal with them.

How would you be able to directly change the attitudes of other people?

In a sense, this already exists. Its called the Overwatch Open.

I do not think this is currently broken myself.

How would this even be enforced?

The overwatch open is hot garbage, they bar anyone less then masters but most players that enter are like GM+.

Its insanely exclusive, and even if you do qualify actually applying is a nightmare, and unless your team is like contenders level your just going to spend the whole thing getting squashed.

Its scheduled games only, so not only can I not just spend the night Qing up with the boys but I actually have to like plan my life around some irrelevant third rate tryhard contest, its super structured and honestly thats not what I play vidiogames for.

The system im talking about would be accessibly built into the game, and inclusive of all ranks. The team building restrictions would be minimal and maby it could even have a pre season were you could list your roles and people building teams could like search you up play some games with you and add you if they like you and stuff or other systems so everyone can easily fine a team. I dont want a team leage for pros, I want it for everyone.

2 Likes

In theory, you’d be removing some of the players who are focused on teamwork, making normal comp even more of a QP lite.

Comp is quickplay. There’s literally no difference. It’s the same mode. The same amount of people on each team. No requirement for roles. People can pick whatever they want. So basically Comp is a joke

2 Likes

I’d send Blizzard the definition of what competition means and ask them to explain to me how their “competitive” mode is anything close to competitive when there is no competition because you dont have set rules and no matches are ever even

1 Like

Basically, yes. Comp is quickplay with a ranking system. Most of the problem I feel is the social/human aspect (which isn’t really a problem); comp means different things to different people, and people don’t always mesh. Casual comp players vs serious “OMG ONE TRICK” players.

A casual comp mode would be awesome, and probably remove some of the casual element from actual comp. Even exposing the MMR ranking in Quickplay would probably help. That’s not my one thing - my one thing is still permaban :slight_smile:

Been a while since I check on this thread. Let’s see what’s new…
WyomingMyst
The question asks WHAT 1 thing you would change about comp, not if we really were to enforce it.

List at top is edited.

Maybe if the match maker made it so you cannot get 3+ people with mercy as their numbro uno most played by 40+ hours that would be great. Oh but that would be forcing meta looooooooooool.