If you were to change 1 thing about Competitive, what would it be?

If at selection screen there isnt at least one support + tank + defence+ dps heroe, game doesnt start. Game is canceled like x minutes (maybe 2?) Of no consense in Champion selection.

Total nonsense. Separating dps into dps and defence and then force both, when 2 offense or 2 defense can work very well (2 offense was optimal for the longest time) is just misguided.

role select before you que

2 Likes

LFG chat rooms

No PBSR

No MMR

No CP

1 Like

I really disagree with, even if only like 1/10 games was against one of these 6 stacks it would just be random automatic losses based on the matchmaker instead of skill, a 6 stack should crush any random team within like 300 SR of were there so posed to be playing.

Of-course I realize alot of people wouldn’t be able to get a team, but how dose it have an negative effect on the normal comp games? Im sure people would still play plenty of normal comp, its not like any time a member of a team loggs in to play there gonna have 5 teammates on. I honestly think playing in a team league might be one thing that could help toxic players reflect and realize that working as a unit really boosts your chances of success

This could be wonderful, assuming the matchmaker can handle it, and also lets players who Qued as a specific role still switch roles if they need to. At the same time this may lengthen Q times for more popular roles, as in DPS, (see WoW), and boiling down the hero categories to tank/healer/dps is sort of inaccurate in this game. There are ups and downs, but in theory it can definitely fix some current issues.

I almost have gold border but I’m getting put with bronze border smurfs

Your level has nothing to do with your skill, adding level calculations to the matchmaker would both slow it down and have no real effect on the quality of your games. If you want you can just draw over all the borders with yellow sharpie on your screen, should be an equally effective fix.

For me, I would remove group-priority matchmaking. That would incentivize team play across all rank and help mitigate nearly all of the problems of Overwatch Competitive to where players have the option to not deal with them.

How would you be able to directly change the attitudes of other people?

In a sense, this already exists. Its called the Overwatch Open.

I do not think this is currently broken myself.

How would this even be enforced?

The overwatch open is hot garbage, they bar anyone less then masters but most players that enter are like GM+.

Its insanely exclusive, and even if you do qualify actually applying is a nightmare, and unless your team is like contenders level your just going to spend the whole thing getting squashed.

Its scheduled games only, so not only can I not just spend the night Qing up with the boys but I actually have to like plan my life around some irrelevant third rate tryhard contest, its super structured and honestly thats not what I play vidiogames for.

The system im talking about would be accessibly built into the game, and inclusive of all ranks. The team building restrictions would be minimal and maby it could even have a pre season were you could list your roles and people building teams could like search you up play some games with you and add you if they like you and stuff or other systems so everyone can easily fine a team. I dont want a team leage for pros, I want it for everyone.

2 Likes

In theory, you’d be removing some of the players who are focused on teamwork, making normal comp even more of a QP lite.

Comp is quickplay. There’s literally no difference. It’s the same mode. The same amount of people on each team. No requirement for roles. People can pick whatever they want. So basically Comp is a joke

2 Likes

I’d send Blizzard the definition of what competition means and ask them to explain to me how their “competitive” mode is anything close to competitive when there is no competition because you dont have set rules and no matches are ever even

1 Like

Basically, yes. Comp is quickplay with a ranking system. Most of the problem I feel is the social/human aspect (which isn’t really a problem); comp means different things to different people, and people don’t always mesh. Casual comp players vs serious “OMG ONE TRICK” players.

A casual comp mode would be awesome, and probably remove some of the casual element from actual comp. Even exposing the MMR ranking in Quickplay would probably help. That’s not my one thing - my one thing is still permaban :slight_smile:

Been a while since I check on this thread. Let’s see what’s new…
WyomingMyst
The question asks WHAT 1 thing you would change about comp, not if we really were to enforce it.

List at top is edited.

Maybe if the match maker made it so you cannot get 3+ people with mercy as their numbro uno most played by 40+ hours that would be great. Oh but that would be forcing meta looooooooooool.

Change whatever is causing the forced streaks.

It’s beyond obvious when you play a lot, that the game gives you worse teammates as a reward for climbing a bit.

It’s become old, predictable, and is the opposite of fun.

But hey, what else do they have to keep people playing other than stealing their SR and making them chase it again, right?

Total BS and literally ruins the game.

I’d change the SR rewards so that you’re kinda forced to play flex. I see nothing wrong with flexing and a lot wrong with maining. So I’d introduce a SR diminishing returns system that kicks in the more a role is picked by a player.
Ultimately people would start to communicate about picks so that everyone is encouraged to get some reasonable gains.

I mean if someone gets really good playing DPS, lets say gets into diamond rank but is too afraid/too bad to play a tank in diamond then IMHO he/she doesn’t belong in diamond. It is a strategy game after all that should be understood in all levels.

If you play mercy you lose more SR than a leaver and gain 2 SR every win. Punishment for being a dead weight and hiding behind the team

Those of you who are questioning Skelly’s solution: read this and comment about it here.

https: //us .forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/a-solution-to-your-complaints-about-comp/49985?u=awesomedude2-11259

Remove the spaces

sounds cool but how about a robust LFG interface and a separate SR for 6 stacks. You could chat to your teammates before queueing up.

the team thing you said is kinda cool though

1 Like

I really would like if team play was encouraged as well, but the problem with removing group-priority is the pain of getting qued against 5/6 stacks as a solo player on a team of 6 solos.

While this would push everyone to finding 6 stack of there own, I feel like numerous players would get left behind, especially without any decent support for finding groups in the game right now, and those players would be free food for SR hungry 6 stacks

Do, not, put, 5, support, mains, on, my, team. Five in a row, 4.2k to 4k, legit so tilted that I might quit comp this season.

1 Like