If you were in charge?

Okay so Here’s what I’m thinking, IF right now you suddenly found yourself as the leader of the Overwatch team, what would you want to be able to show at Blizz Con
Just an arbitrary amount of time that I think actually gives a timeframe for what to work on.

Me personally, I’d be making sure every single person on the tam has their nose to the grind stone leading up to blizz con readying at least a demo of a series of balance changes that are going to all hit so fast it basically warrants being called a mini-expansion. Put simply no heo on the oster isn’t getting at least minor tweaks. I doubt that can be ready by blizz con but at least 1 hero rework and several balance changes.
While the animators get to wok on a new Cinematic that would be chosen by Forum Poll promoted in game for which hero we give the cinematic to

That’s my plan if i was in charge what about you?

3 Likes

If I was in charge I’d want to be able to show the following:

1: A video of Mercy’s current state to the audience and have a detailed breakdown on her.

2: Leading into a video announcement that Sombra has hacked the game and that Mercy has been changed somehow.

3: This leads into a video announcement of Mercy being reverted with LOS changes to her mass revive ability and a 2 seconds Valkyrie on E with a 30 second cooldown.

The hype level online through youtube, reddit and these forums would overwhelm and gain huge social media traction.

3 Likes

Jetpack cat & mama hong would be teased, & a Lucio/Symmetra short

1 Like

I’d probably freak out and have Jeff with me 24/7 asking him what the bloody heck I should do. XP

Also, Mercy would 100% getting a Kitten emote like Orisas Puppy.

2 Likes

You’ve already failed us Mercy V_V

3 Likes

I’m not good at making decisions okay ;~;

1 Like

a fully fledged replay system with tools to analyze your past games and share them with the community

including full stat breakdowns showing everything possible, from who died first in a team fight, to what percentage of damage i dealt to each enemy, the amount of crits in relation to hits…

you name it

and a full lore book of overwatch with all heroes and organizations detailed

1 Like

I can agree with this however Mercy isn’t the only trouble child this game has. Though I admit the idea of showing Sombra hacking a display and showcase of our beloved charcters and hen leading into some reveals of the reworks wouldbe loads of fun.

I would remove Mercy. Sure, some players will leave the game but the crybaby threads would finally stop.

Ah yes replay system. Damn we need that so bad.
Can’t they just borrow someone from the HOTS or Starcraft team to help them for a few days to lay a groundwork for that?

Show a Talon inspired Hanzo skin.

according to jeff they are already working on it, and already have a version not fit for public for owl, but it’s blizzard and they want to make sure it’s polished and has a shiny ui and is easy to understand etc before we get it

1 — new hero, playable at Blizzcon and a few days later on PTR
2 — New short and new comic
3 — the goodybag with an actual bag like before !(I love mine)
4 — introducing, enhanced highlights : you can now rewatch and record your highlights from different angles : from another player, from placing your camera freely, anything goes !
5 — Hey this is all the Jeffs and Geoffs from the Overwatch team, we all changed our names when hired to be Jeffs or Geoffs. Watch our quest as we did just that.
6 — Next hero teaser. Yes, a teaser for a hero after the hero revealed earlier, just a tease. To really surprise you and have you hyped twice more.

1 Like

I’m resisting the urge to comment on how unpolished the hero reworks have been since D’va but alas good to hear they’ve got at least something in the works for a replay system

So what kind of hero would you be getting ready for Blizz Con? I would be doing either a close range support hero concept or a new Tank.

Move all heros ults into their E and give them new ults

Jk

in order of priority

1. Add a team dedicated solely to identifying and perma-banning false reporters
  2. Add a team dedicated solely to identifying and perma-banning toxic players
  3. Pharah deleted from the game
  4. Torb reverted and proper buffs added
  5. Sym teleporting Torb turret bug removed
  6. All arcade modes made available from a dropdown menu
  7. All tanks given limited cc resistance
  8. LFG add option [ ] enforce public profiles
  9. LFG add option [ ] enforce listening to voice chat
  10. LFG add option [ ] enforce has mic

Speaking of LFG ,anyone elses is completly dead

I’d announce:

1. a 3rd Mercy rework, namely Why I Have Yet to Not Despise Mercy's Current State
  2. Sombra would get reworked again, to incorporate the initial changes for her that the OWL vetoed
  3. Lots of balance tweaks and hero fixes
  4. Tell OWL to suck up whatever balance changes the competitive ladder requires to be healthy, as this game, unlike what some people would love to believe, does not revolve around e-sports.
  5. animated short

Then, because you can’t do it all in one go. The following BlizzCon:

1. Arcade rework
  2. animated short
  3. ???
  4. profit

I’d have a support that shoots aoe heal with his primary(also dealing some damage to the enemies), it wouldn’t be big heals shots, but the radius would make it not so hard to get your hands on, he’d(or she) have a jump skill, super high and adjustable fall speed , at least adjustable for a short period of time. On a rather long cd, a skill that cancels/prevents cc for a bit. The ult would be a massive cleansing, removing CCs on all teammates nearby and protecting them from cc for a bit, with a bit of healing, but not totally preventing from death.

The other hero I tease definitely needs to be Talon Tank leading to some talks, maybe the teased hero isn’t everything that’s teased.

I’d be careful about the Sombra changes, the pro’s weren’t the only ones a bit miffed about them, Rein players in particula had a lot of colou language about the race period that had them seeing hack go through their barier half the itme.