If you want people to play tank

Barriers are only oppressive if you’re bad at destroying them

3 Likes

What did they gut in his ultimate? It’s still one of the best in the game lmao. A giant AoE that holds people in the air for free shots, then proceeds to slam em down for 100 dmg guaranteed. Not to mention he gets it stupidly fast and does insane amounts of damage with just his primary fire.

Also how exactly is he gonna headshot with what is essentially explosives.

Defense is a Tank’s job(which Hog & Hammond don’t do. They’re just DPS). Tanks shouldn’t be so freakin’ weak, that would make people play Tank more.

Hammond is a disruptor. Hog is just fat reaper with huge bodyguard potential which is almost never used because solo kills with the hook are more gratifying

Hammond is just Tracer with more health & damage capability. And he & especially Hog dont have team defending shields. How can Hog bodyguard anyone? And if you’re referring to him being a bullet sponge, that’s a bad thing. He feeds the enemy’s ult charge. So does Hammond.

Make it so barriertanks have strong barriers, with increased firepower similar to offtanks.

But then make it so BarrierTanks have less HP, and less self defense.

✅ Fixing BarrierTanks and OffTanks

Huh? You can cancel his ultimate now with cc or just by killing him. He will rarely get it off unless your team is awful.

Adaptive shields grant zero ultimate charge to the enemy while granting the hamster enormous staying power if used properly. The point of hamster is to disrupt the opposition, ruin their formation, pull Aggro, and absorb cc while acting as a major distraction and harassment in order to allow your team the freedom to do work.

When combined with monkey, ball leads the charge while monkey follows up for combos.

As for hog, bullet damage (and thus ultimate charge for the enemy) is halved when he vapes. Speaking of ultimate charge, the double edged sword is that while enemies may receive more ultimate charge by virtue of roadhog not holding a shield, roadhog himself gains intense ultimate charge when he vapes. This can be enhanced by a + nade from ana. Roadhog also causes his allied support players to receive more ultimate charge as well, so it’s not like he’s just feeding ultimate charge to the opposition —there is actually a balance to the ultimate charge gain which spans multiple heroes.

Speaking of ultimates, roadhog’s ultimate is one-of-a kind. The knock back is quite frankly insane and the damage is nothing to scoff at. Denying point presence is actually strategic use of the ultimate.

There’s no shield like a meat shield! :wink:

I dunno if I would agree that Sigma’s ult was “gutted”, but the changes that make it easier to knock him out of it weakened it a lot.

Like, to the point where Sigma needs to consider going on a weird flank in order to use it effectively without being killed or having it wasted. I don’t personally play Sigma much but I’ve noticed that trend from my boyfriend who does and other team mates.

Just seems wrong that only to use his ult does he suddenly need to consider playing like a sneaky assassin.

A bubble on sigma when he lifts the opposition helps him dramatically, but I think it’s lame that his ultimate has been changed to be interruptible at any time.

Imagine if there were any way to force Genji to sheathe his blade or put an immediate stop to Valkyrie. People would lose their minds.

It was not gutted, but now a barrier tank has to go on psuedo flanks to successfully get it off… okay, then. But yes, that is precisely the problem. I agree with you wholeheartedly.

2 Likes

Lol well when you say it like that. It’s not gutted in that it is still good…if you can get it off. But yeah, it’s difficult to use without playing like a dps.

But then I suppose I also am hesitant to totally call out the stupidity of having a main tank need to pseudo flank to use his ult because lots don’t consider Sigma a main tank. I do, but I know others disagree.

1 Like

I mean. Unless he’s literally in their teams face the chances of him getting hit by some random CC is kinda low.

Personal experience, I have yet to be killed out of his ult.

Well, I play Hog, so, I just usually hook him. Maybe my experience is too biased. But even when I am on dps, I can easily get 2-3 hundred of his health on my own. I only die because garbage plats probably do not even realize you can kill him out of it. And even with that, it only goes off about half the time. Heck, sometimes I do nothing because he was actually trying to flank and I could not figure out where he was, but somebody did. Rofl.

I have not played him too much since all of his nerfs though. So maybe I am making a mountain out of a molehill. I just think it went from top tier ultimate to “niche” tier.

1 Like

The hamster still doesn’t defend like a Tank is supposed to. He deals damage. That wrecking ball & piledrive crap does more than disrupt, it gets kills.

Not really a double edged sword. Every time a Tank teammate goes Hog or Hammond, or worse, bkth Tank teammates pick them, the game is already lost. Because those two dont have team defending shields, they’re both feeders.

Also, Junkrat & DF alone made alot of space & they don’t need an ult to do it.

Tanks have to provide defense. Rein & Zarya wouldn’t be such a vital combo if defense wasnt a big priority.

The game is lost… if your team is bad. But you were likely to lose anyways if that was the case. So whatever.

The Hog & Hammond players are the bad ones. The rest of the team cant push through without shields.

Wrong.

What rank are you in?

Not exactly. While they do provide less overall protection due to a lack of barriers, to call them feeders by virtue of not having a barrier is just ignorant.

Maybe you don’t know how to play a match without barriers.

It doesn’t matter. Ive been done with Comp. Im talking about the rest of the game, where eneny teams are always filled with Comp tryhards & smurfs(so, QP especially isnt the chill mode. Hasnt been in years).

Its because they dont have shields, that they’re feeders. They’re the only ones responsible for enemy teams getting their ults way more than usual.

Shields will never not be needed as long as OW has it 3 roles. I’d be fine with everyone being a DPS, due to Blizzard not caring about Tanks & Healers, always nerfing them, yet DPS never get their effectiveness taken away(that includes Hog & Hammond). But for some reason its taking Blizzard so long to finally end those roles.

Or, they should at least have that 3/2/1 comp be around in the meantime. Hog & Hammond, especially Hog, would actually be good picks there.

I was a filthy torvald main.

2 Likes