If you see a smurf, report them

Issue is that many people are lower then their deserved rank when they start due to how SR works. You could legit be reporting people for just being better then you and not climbed yet.

2 Likes

They will, and it accumulates and if they keep getting reported on the way up they will continue to get punished.

What you’re missing though is that it ultimately doesn’t matter. It’s a smurf account they can afford to get banned so it doesn’t matter to them when the inevitable happens. Which is altogether kind of the point of using a smurf rather than misbehaving like this on an account they care about.

Gargamel, that you?

She’s blue da ba de da ba di :laughing:

1 Like

Honestly if I see a level 26 in Masters I’m not going to assume they’re not a smurf

I agree their attitudes are bad. The few I met on my team were very self absorbed and talked down to everyone, not very fun to play with. I’ll happily report for their abusive behavior.

But not all alt accounts are Smurfs and people, like myself, with alt accounts behave the same as on their mains. I don’t want this or any of my accounts banned and I’m sure most don’t want their alts banned either. Even though it’s another account, I worked hard for my money and used it how I wanted. I do want to lose things I work hard for.

The only sure way to spot a smurf though is when they throw to lose rank. And to me, that’s the only sure report. All others are just reports from speculation, which is not fair for people who are just having a really good match.

2 Likes

Can you prove it? Go on, give Blizzard the proof its a smurf.
Regardless you’re false reporting because Blizzard isn’t against smurfs.

A regular alt being played normally is not likely to draw attention to itself to get reported. So why would you worry?

Those few game where I was popping off gets me reports every time. People have gotten so used to calling smurf and reporting is like a reflex for them. Although I am flattered.

2 Likes

What’s your definition of a smurf?

Blizzard doesn’t. I don’t know what they call it off the top of my head, but it’s something along the lines of “unauthorized third party hardware or software”.

Have you been banned? If yes, then you’ve been abusing the alt account. If no, then whatever.

You have to get a lot of reports against you to get any sanction. A lot. It is not a normal thing to happen to players. Not by a long shot. If you’re getting sanctions, then you’re probably doing something to deserve it
 or playing off-meta.

you can report them for gameplay sabo if they are throwing but you’re not allowed to report them for cheating if they are doing well!

K, well that’s false reporting.

Having smurf accounts is not a bannable offence and it isn’t cheating.
Jeff already confirmed this years ago.

Jeff’s Post 2017
Jeff’s Post 2018

1 Like

Smurf here, I bought the game, I can play whatever rank I want to play in, I’m not using anything at my disposal that you don’t have, if you can’t accept losing against better players and need to falsely report people then maybe you’re the one that should be banned.

3 Likes

I’m not allowed to discuss and bans or suspensions on the forums. But I am reported very few time as a smurf, very few, that it won’t ever lead to anything. But once is more than enough.

Smurfing isn’t cheating as the definition of cheating is to use a third party program in order to gain an advantage over another player. So smurfing is not cheating end of story.

2 Likes

Then why do you worry? If you’re not at risk of suspension, then guess what? The system works!

You can play your alt account normally and safely, while game sabotaging Smurfs get reported and banned accordingly.

What’s the problem?

I’ve been reported literally for picking Ashe. That kind of thing is accounted for in the system. That’s why you don’t get immediately banned. So actually, getting one report isn’t too many at all.

Smurfing isn’t bannable and never will be.

The problem is people making excuses for false reports. The problem is people false reporting period, the report system is flawed for a reason that being one of them.

But I do agree with you for the most part. A gm in bronze needs to be looked at by the devs. Because there’s a reason he’s down there, and we all know it’s from throwing, and that solely should be the reason to be banned.

1 Like