“If you listen to the fans, you’ll find yourself sitting with them”

I think this quote is true in a lot of cases…

I think Blizzard should have stuck to their guns on a lot of things with certain characters instead of changing because of the fans

Overwatch wasn’t supposed to be your typical FPS shooter… Hell the characters and core design aren’t built in that way

Yes ultimately having the best skill was going to get you to the top but there should have been more than one way to reach the mountain tops…

How do you define the best Tank, Damage, Support… How do you define that when there are different characters that do different things, plus with different maps and character switching calls for different situations…

2/2/2 wouldn’t be bad in practice because the longest meta was Dive and that was 2/2/2 for the most part… The problem was you didn’t make other characters viable

And 2 years later you’re facing the same problem…

Back when it was GOATS… Damage wasn’t needed as Tanks could output just as much or more Damage than most Damage Characters while blocking just as much and the healing power creep also slowly got into effect too

Now we arrive at Double Barrier… Most Damage are useless again and the other characters aren’t used because they aren’t strong enough to get through the CC and Barriers…

You listened to the wrong fans for far too long… And pretty soon Overwatch will be joining the “fans” soon enough

Now that I have said my peace, they say come up with a solution… It’s simple you have two options

1. Game wide rework of ALL characters:

This would start by picking a meta that you can control and work around smoothly…

My choices would either be Dive or Deathball… They can bounce off each other and if both have enough skill cancel each other out depending on characters used

Pick a meta… And balance from there… Hell if you do it this way you can even lift the 2/2/2 and put in a max 3 role rule…

1. Let Overwatch die and just start trying to perfect Overwatch 2… This is self-explanatory but… Don’t let people who have played Overwatch or even preordered go unrewarded for there effort they put in to make it a great game