If you have played 1000 games and are still worse than the average player

ok well I’m telling you I think my play only got better as time went on. perhaps there is something I didn’t notice about my play, and the way the SR system is designed had a 0% probability of incorrectly assigning me a 2150SR after my first 10 placement matches

1. Play more than 10 games
  2. Just because you think you play well/better doesn’t mean you do.

If you need more than 10 games to get an accurate SR, then Blizzard assigns inaccurate SR, which is the point of my entire post.

If you can’t see the curvature of the Earth, then it isn’t a sphere.
I’m done, you’re either a troll or just delusional.

so that’s what a boxer says after he accidently knocks himself out lol

Quick play is not taken into account in placements. People start at about 2350 (in their first placement match) whether they deserve it or not (Initial Competitive Skill Rating, Decrypted). This leads to the unfortunate new player experience of people who belong in bronze/silver but start off their competitive experience by getting busted down.

1 Like

I feel like the point of this topic was completely missed. The question being posed is…

Are initial placements being too generous in sr for players potentially actually new to comp?

Players seem to post a lot about considerable drops after initial placements as they play more and their sr is more accurate. Does this mean that 10 games is enough to be correct for first time comp?

Its not a strange question or line of thought. Many people have said things like …Youd have to be a blind afk monkey to place lower than 1600.

Fully believe initial placements are too generous and a huge let down happens for players that wont live up to their first 10 games for what could be a long time.

1 Like

Always a pleasure Kawumba and mizz :slight_smile:
I don’t care if I tank all the way down to 400 SR. My complaint is that my career high is shown on my profile. (Don’t even start with a private profile lecture lol)

my career high is 1620 something and I wish that was displayed in my profile, because that shows ppl the best I can do, not the generic assignment they gave me at the beginning. (perhaps people think I’m a smurf or thrower because of my erroneously high SR) Only people below Gold can complain about this for obvious reasons.

1 Like

that depends alot on how they play

some ppl for instance improve every season, where as some are stuck in a loop where they either get worse (more bad habbits) or stay the same.

id say more ppl stay the same over a long period of time then most

so if ur 1 rank for most of 1 season u belong there

if ur at the same rank for 2-3 seasons you should seriously evaluate your playstyle to improve (atleast if your in the lower elos)

tho honestly its very easy to improve to a gold rank

so if a person was 2150 then fell to 1150 it wouldnt take em more then a season to hit a true 2150

assuming they actually listend to ppls critizism.

that being said most dont, i even removed a guy from my friends list because he wouldnt listne despite asking me to help him

he was too full of himself to realize maybe just maybe 1600 15 was too high to play dps (his screen was so shaky O_O)

tl;dr 1 season, then 2-3 if you dont improve seek help.

seeing as your on PC

theres a very real chance, i could help you improve your play from silver to atleast plat xD assuming you dont have any physical reasons your aim would be bad, your hardware (including mouse and mouse pad) isnt bad or cant be replaced with better stuff if they are.

(im a previous low diamond high plat player currently working his way back after an 8 month break and a 2 month meme season)

soooo you threw quickplay 1-25 and then tried for placements? is that what you are saying?
your new account got placed where your main account roughly is. I don’t see the problem. The system knew you were a gold player, so it placed you in gold. Rofl

this post has nothing to do with the quality of my play, all number are used as evidence, nothing more.

true, but you are silver almost bronze.

offer stands :slight_smile:

I’ll decline, thank you.

Can’t stop the other guy from repeatedly jumping off the map / refusing to heal / charging off alone to get kills / telling everyone to kill themselves / etc / etc / etc.

I don’t understand what you’re driving at.

I have no control what the others do. If I play as hard as I can and still lose because of what other people do / don’t do, I will lose SR.

this post has nothing to do with my personal performance. It’s about speculating that Blizzard’s analysis of my SR after 10 competitive games was erroneous. And if I was really complaining about poor old me and my SR, wouldn’t I be complaining that Blizzard assigned me a low SR? Now I finally understand the phrase, “You can’t see the forest from the trees.”

understandable, sometimes you just gotta climb on your own

i respect that.

1 Like

The games constantly changes as the meta shifts and turns. I am best at playing flankers like sombra and tracer and hitscans like Soldier and McCree. The current meta takes a giant steaming dump on them and my sr has been slightly lowered from what I’m used to because of it. For many players there is no “accurate” sr that stays at a constant level unless you are great with every hero and can adapt easily to a change in the meta. Sadly I’m not one of them :frowning:

1 Like