If you are ready to go this far to rework symmetra, don't change her category

I stand by what I said. Sym being moved to defense makes it way easier for me to play support the way I’d like to, using the heroes that I’d like to without becoming a liability. This rework, in theory, opens up so many possibilities for me right now and really meshes well with the new hero reworks and additions.

1 Like

I don’t know why they didn’t just give her a heal turret.

you literally didn’t make an argument. You just said supports don’t have much variety in 2/2/2, which makes no sense. Stop pretending you’re making an argument.

because the team probs wouldnt use it.

I guess they couldve made it work like an Orisa ult but then Mercy ult is useless

Blizzard has finally decided that support=heals. Symmetra’s kit is pretty iconic and a lot of her sprays would be weird if they changed her too much. They said that they tried healing turrets but it felt weird and not really in line with the pace of the game. Every hero has to be unique and I think that her heals would’ve been too similar to Baguette if they made the healing shield person since they already have the healing armor person

Because ew. And also, because noooooo.

So that’s 2 larger Defense reworks, with Torb being next. Makes me wonder if they will go for Widow and Mei eventually.

Mei does worry me if the currently proposed Symmetra goes through. New Symmetra does most of what Mei does, but far better, so the chance is there that she will completely remove the point in playing Mei.

That, or the two will give birth to a kind of CC Wall meta, with blocking things, slows, area senial, position craziness, etc. anf one of them will be nerfed. Seeing as Sym would be new, I fear that hammer would smack down on Mei.

What ? Define constantly played and the context because ladder wise only a few are below the 2% mark and none are above the average pick rate. Not only that but it is obvious that a category with less hero that are necessary to play (2/2/2) will see more playtime. If anything it just prove my point.

I cant even get people to play a second healer half the time lol…

Well. You and I think in different ways and that’s okay. As Symmetra would say, “What interesting ways your mind works…”

I just don’t think keeping Symmetra in the support category for the sake of having more “support” heroes to choose from is a very valid reason to keep her there, especially when I believe her kit aligns more with defense than support.

1 Like

There are not enough support when comparing the ratio of dps in relation with 2/2/2 isn’t argument ? Are you trolling or just mad ?

If we talk about owl we have
Tracer
Widowmaker
Genji
Sombra
Junkrat

In ladder
Tracer
Genji
Junkrat
McCree
Soldier

psycho puff’s got the argument here.

Soldier
McCree
Pharah

As stated on winstonlab

But the league is quite different with only the most optimal heroes being played. Regardless 8 heroes out of 14 isn’t bad in a professional environment.

That’s getting rid of anything that is below 3% while 2% is the good mark. Especially when pick rate varies depending on the rank. Widow has 2.72% pick rate across all ranks this month but has a 4.26% pick rate in grand master. I don’t see it as that relevant of a selection.

So your argument is that, because more dps exists, an equal amount of supports have to exist? Ok. So i guess we’ll need an equal amount of tanks, and defense heroes as well all while maintaining variety in their kits. Which, since you want a brigitte with shields, is gonna be thrown out the window with your suggestion.

Since quantity is your argument, defense heroes need more numbers. Therefore, this change is good.

that being said it would be nice to have more tanks and support variance.

1 Like

Yes, tank players have been asking for more tanks for quite a while. I never said to copy brigitte concept but to have a shield oriented support since we have an armor oriented support. Defense is convenient name devs gave to split the dps category for new players, it doesn’t mean anything and they confirmed it in an old AMA.

Just because they said it, doesn’t mean it’s true. Defense heroes all have area deniability. The only actual offense hero that has that is maybe soldier and pharah.

The source says that it doesn’t mean anything but it’s not true ? :thinking:

I am going to give you the benefit of the doubt and ask you to define area deniability if you are so sure.

It’s definition is it’s name. I don’t need to say anything about that. I don’t even know why you need further explanation on that.

You’re also acting like the “sources” haven’t gotten sh*t wrong in the past.