If we're buffing orisa, We need to be careful 🛑

No kidding

I’d say try reverting her damage fully and see where that goes. Gives her self defense without putting power in barrier

I don’t think a buff from 600 to 700 will make her the strongest tank in the game, unless you aren’t replying to me?

Wasn’t her damage fully reverted? Unless I am mistaken?
Personally, I think a buff to the barrier is needed. It’s basically paper right now.

No. 300 more shield HP and reduced spread isn’t a lot when her fortify is reduced by 20% dmg reduction, making her a lot more divable, on top of making Halt a lot harder to land. Nerfing halt is huge as that’s partly what allowed to her to be meta for so long when you could combo so many things with Halt like Doom punch, dragon, rock, or hook.

Didn’t they already revert her damage?

1 Like

or we can leave her as she is and not make the most boring and least skill-based tank in the game meta every again.

She’s played occasionally in master/GM and viable, she doesn’t nees to be stronger.

I like halt though, It makes her really fun to play.
Personally I think all she needs is a small barrier buff. I don’t think a rework is needed.

Her winrate and pickrate are both below average. Her barrier is paper right now.

I get you genuinely dislike her, that’s fine, but that’s obviously not an excuse to keep her bad.

1 Like

Incidentally I figured a dumbed down version of my mega concept. That would streamline “1BarrierTank maximum per team”.

Just need to redo the artwork.

Or we can make her a more engaging and skill-based tank and actually give Rein some competition.

Because I do not feel like having a 6 month Rein meta all over again

Nah, I’m talking about the 2017 damage nerf thats lesser known

she is not bad and winrates aren’t indicative of actual balancing. The reasons why some heroes are played over others are complex you shouldn’t fossilize over 1 number.

Anyway it’s not that I dislike her it’s just her kit is objectively cancerous and promotes gameplay where both a lot of time is spent breaking constructibles (shields, immo field…) and also she allows bad players to shine and rank up. But mostly the first reason really. She doesn’t belong in a shooter game.

Oh yes, you’re correct then that wasn’t reverted.
Personally I think her damage is fine as it is.
It’s just how quickly her barrier goes down. I mean… A mcree fth + roll + fth destroys her barrier VERY quickly.

I highly disagree. They are far more important than anecdotes from forum users. Everyone is biased and stats give the best indication of how a hero is doing since it is literal facts.

As much as I’m a dog person, I gotta admit Brigs cat is better than Orisa’s dog

2 Likes

I highly suspect that winrates are heavily skewed by if a hero is played on defence or attack more.

Since the team with more time on Defense Wins, and the team with less time on Attack wins

1 Like

Yes, and that kind of proves how poorly she’s doing.
Despite her lower pickrate, she still has a very poor winrate. Meaning even in her niche situations she’s played in, she’s still losing games.

There really is no such thing as objectively cancerous. Cancerous in its term is literally a subjective term.

So in other words she needs a rework

If that’s the case, then neither do Rein-Winston. Orisa is literally the only main tank to have an actual gun, if anything she’s the one who belongs in a shooter the most.

1 Like

I proposed splitting barrier and off “bruiser” tanks into different roles before (same with healers). I just feel that making one main and one off healer/tank mandatory would make buffing those characters less harmful, as you couldn’t combine them as you like. I rally for this split. (Maybe Jeff can do some experimental card magic?)

correlation is not causation. Again, Orisa being bad right now could be caused, for example, by the possibility of someone swapping to Zen to break shields faster.

You don’t know for a fact that she’s bad in a vacuum. It could just be an unfavorable meta. Typically when you play offmeta characters, there is a counterpick that is also offmeta that counters your offmeta pick. For example Reaper vs Winston.

So again winrates are not necessarily indicative that the hero is UP you could ban Zen and Reaper 1 week and I bet her winrate would go up 5% or more.

We don’t need to buff heroes needlessly because there is a counter to them in the game that happens to be easy, not hard, to flex to in current meta.

Nerf the counters instead maybe. As an example in my opinion Reaper could use 1-2 more s on Wraith and more sound on Shadowstep.

I don’t know, I feel like bunker meta was way overblown. Everyone got so caught up in halt hooks that they ceased trying to counter it altogether.

Orisa Sigma made sense as a dominant meta because it was the first time that sort of strategy was viable. They’ve tuned those three tanks down now, so we should be fine buffing Orisa back up a little.

But yeah, bunker wasn’t much different than pirate ship strategies, with the addition of Baptiste being the only real difference. Baptiste was never exceedingly good though, so I doubt he was carrying that meta in much capacity.

Bunker was the first time Orisa was meta, so I think that one may have cropped up not because she was too strong, but more because people didn’t understand how to deal with Orisa properly since she wasn’t highly utilized before that.

Hmmm…

That, and your compensatory Fortify change, are “small” changes?

Small is relative I guess.

A large or normal rework would be like what Mercy/Hanzo/Sym all got.

I was referring to how her abilities play out with my “doesn’t belong” remark. I didn’t wanna emphasize the shooting aspect, more the strategy, HP management, mouse flicking etc one. Winston doesn’t take aim but actually takes good mechanics and is one of the hardest tanks to play. Requires a ton of gamesense too. Orisa, you could program AI to play her I’m very sure.