If Visor.gg isn't permitted, then kill cams shouldn't reveal ultimate charge either

Both give an unfair advantage. While Visor blatantly gives an unfair advantage in possibly more than one way, the kill cam in the game gives a temporary advantage to the team which was killed or wiped out and a temporary disadvantage to the team which killed or wiped out the other team.

If Visor.gg isn’t allowed then I also feel that the kill cam should never reveal the ultimate charge of the opponent who killed you. I think that’s a fair change and should be an easy change for the developers of Overwatch to implement.

8 Likes

You are missing the point.

The issue is that one is information that the game provides for you to use while the other one is tracking it for you.

16 Likes

kill cams are part of the game. Its something blizzard made. LOL

END OF DISCUSSION.

8 Likes

intel gathered by purely human eyes only using the in game functions is acceptable, now if you don’t want your ult status known by the red team then don’t kill members of the red team

1 Like

It can be used by everyone equally… its up to you. Its nothing like visor.

I mean, I think it’s stupid that kill cams reveal information that we shouldn’t have to begin with, but that is not at all what the post is implying whatsoever and this should have been an entire post unrelated to the entire visor gg debacle.

I understand what everyone here is saying, but I also find it somewhat hypocritical as that in itself is giving an unfair advantage or disadvantage (depending on who killed who). It doesn’t need to be something that the game offers by default, but oh well.

I never understood why killcams revel ultimate charge, but still, this is something intended by blizzard

Aimbots should be allowed, because I technically can achive the same thing with my mouse. If Blizzard didn’t want me to use aimbots, they shouldn’t have made aiming a part of the game.

3 Likes

2 Likes

A feature that isn’t in the game, and is achieved through a separate download is not the same as a feature willingly put in the game.

What’s next? Blocking stats on the tab menu?

I don’t see how stats in the tab menu correlates to revealing ultimate charge status in a kill cam.

They’re both functions visor.GG offers.

Except in this thread I’m talking about the kill cam ultimate charge status. I accept that Visor is giving an unfair advantage to the player using it, but on the other hand there’s also a kill cam in the game which can offer a temporary advantage or disadvantage depending on who kills who at the time. It’s not as if I also accurately know the status of the opponent’s ultimate charge who I killed :smile:.

Seeing the kill cam after a death is an in-game feature, do you really believe what you’re saying or are you just riding the hate train?

Oh grow up. Just being salty that Blizzard finally put their foot down.

It still offers a temporary disadvantage/advantage depending on who killed who. It’s unnecessary to show it. Are you just whiteknighting or honestly can’t see?

Allow me to repeat myself, it is an in-game feature, and therefore is allowed by Blizzard and the Overwatch devs. If it was that crucial of an issue, then they would’ve made a change during the first month of the game’s release when this was a hot topic. These other features are from a third party application and shouldn’t be allowed since not everyone has access to it.
You’re second question is irrelevant as it’s merely a deflection of my second question.

There’s a difference in the two because in order to learn the enemy’s ult charge, you have to actually die to them, and you only learn that one enemy. From what I’ve seen, Visor can track enemy ults while you are alive, which is something kill cams can’t do. It provides the enemy ult information in the mid-fight, not after.